pistol/handgun for dispatch

eddoakley

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But with a pistol you can tuck it in the front of your trousers and look cool joke by the way .410 double barreled pistol be my choice one barrel with cartridge of 5shot the other barrel solid slug or one 36cal ball

At a range of 3 feet or less, 14-19g of size 5-7 shot acts pretty much like solid slug. I've used for humane dispatch on badly injured cattle before now.

There's two strands really to your enquiry.

Firstly your FEO, there are many FEO's who let their personal feelings influence them at work and also who think that they call the shots. None of this is applicable to them, they are the eyes and ears of FEB and are purely there to report back the facts to FEB (in regards to applications). Also they should be operating in an advisory capacity, they "should" know the law, and as public servants, and the public face of firearms, should be helping and advising the public factually, not deliberately placing obstacles in the way.

Secondly the firearm itself, let FEB tell you why you can't have it and work from there. You need to display good reason, FEB then need to decide if they believe it is (or isn't) good reason in line with the legislation. If they tell you it's not then they have to tell you why they do not view that as good reason, however, you then have the right to make representations as to why they are wrong before they can move to refusal, and believe me, there are many that have won.

The issue with many FEO's now is that they do the job as they are of a certain grade. Whenever I did FEO I applied for the job as it is something that I wanted to do (and still wish I did), however since then it is just another role for EO2 grades to fulfill, and (in NI anyway) there hasn't been any FEO courses ran for appointees in about 7 years, so every new FEO is essentially winging it.