TV tonight

henry d

You'll probably be able to down load it off the internet in a wee while.

With reference to the Scottish farmer he interveiwed I think he is probably part of the Simon Howie group, as his second name was Howie, who do meat for Sainsbury's and have butchers shops in Perthshire area. I think he was more conceaned about his profits to be honest from people possible turning away from meat and came acroos as a bit of a pr*ck. But was good when he said that he didnt think it was a worthwhile experience then the presenter got a 95% poll of audience to say that it was! !

All in all a very good program, tonight should be good as well.

I'm just about to watch it,had to record it to late for me.I work in one of the biggest pig slaughterhouses in the country,believe me the animals are treated with great respect.There is a vet present all the time we are killing.It is done quickly and humanly.When we have people look round after the first initial shock they are impressed with what they see

Great program

Amazing skills from the slaughter men aswell, if only I could get my kitchen knives as sharp as theirs, on second thoughts I probably woudn't have any fingers left <_< :blink:

I was amazed when he slit the throat, it looked effortless :good:

I'd like to see the same sort of program dealing with rabbits & game birds, whats the likelyhood of that? :blink:

SS

OK then honestly how did you find the lamb slaughter?

The cattle last night i found OK, but i must be honest i thought the Lambs were a bit more distressing to me <_< More the cutting of the throat. Much rather be a cow than a lamb, but we will see how they do the pigs tomorrow :blink:

As a kid we used to take a short cut through the abbatoir on the way home, the slaughtermen would drag a sheep from the lairage, stun it using a bolt, and the rest you saw tonight. except they would throw the guts at the kids.

I was about 8 at the time, but understood even then where meat came from, I often visit a slaughterhouse for work, and am given free reign to wander about the place when they find Im not bothered by what they do.

infact i have the shooting on the next door farm through it.