How Did You Get On Today (For Those Who Went Shooting)

marsh man

First thing this morning was foggy and very cold ( well I thought so ) I waited till it got light and then walked some marshes I have got the shooting on that are close to the bypass that I don't go on that often . I had a bit of luck when I walked the dykes and put up two lots of Teal and I managed to get two out of each lot , weather I got the one I fired at I am not sure but my dog wernt bothered as long as he got a retrieve . That was it as far as duck goes but walking round the reed beds on the way back I put up a cock Pheasant which ended up in the bag with the Teal , and that was it as far as the morning go . In the afternoon I went in the wood and shot 11 pigeons , the weather was calm and no wind so when I packed up I called it a day as I left my dog at home because he had a bit of a limp and I didn't want to over do it as I am on a walk up morning tomorrow with my old boss.

One amusing incident happened when I was coming off this morning , one of the members on here who I wont name stopped in his van to have a yarn leaving his engine running and his Lab in the front , the dog somehow managed to put his paws on the window ledge and pushed the locking button down and locked him out , he then had to ring his mate up to come and try and open the door .......It was a good job the dog couldn't change gear :lol:

First thing this morning was foggy and very cold ( well I thought so ) I waited till it got light and then walked some marshes I have got the shooting on that are close to the bypass that I don't go on that often . I had a bit of luck when I walked the dykes and put up two lots of Teal and I managed to get two out of each lot , weather I got the one I fired at I am not sure but my dog wernt bothered as long as he got a retrieve . That was it as far as duck goes but walking round the reed beds on the way back I put up a cock Pheasant which ended up in the bag with the Teal , and that was it as far as the morning go . In the afternoon I went in the wood and shot 11 pigeons , the weather was calm and no wind so when I packed up I called it a day as I left my dog at home because he had a bit of a limp and I didn't want to over do it as I am on a walk up morning tomorrow with my old boss.

One amusing incident happened when I was coming off this morning , one of the members on here who I wont name stopped in his van to have a yarn leaving his engine running and his Lab in the front , the dog somehow managed to put his paws on the window ledge and pushed the locking button down and locked him out , he then had to ring his mate up to come and try and open the door .......It was a good job the dog couldn't change gear :lol:

Can imagine it, dog curled up in the warm. :lol:

Had a cold morning out yesterday, plenty about but not within my range, had 5 chancy shots at widgeon, missed them all, so ended with a blank. Then out on a different spot this morning, good few hundred pintail moving about none came anywhere near ,didn't get a shot so blanked again, hopefully better luck tomorrow... Still nice being out