Miroku 800

mossberg-operator

Just got one. It is just like a third arm for me, feels good, feels natural. Got gun fitting problems due to short length of pull, tried 80+ shotguns in the shop last week and this was the one. Had to buy a O/U or SBS for the syndicate shoot. I know it is a skeet gun. Short, 26" barrels (suits me). Opinions on this gun, guys? Good or bad. Thx.

Miroku - build quality second to none - as long as it fits and is in good order - you cant go wrong - apart from that just keep it clean - and if it doesn't break, dont fix it - might have to change the firing pins every 250,000 to 500,000 shells or so, but only if it plays up. Nothing to touch them for the price and when you come to sell it, provided you haven't allowed yourself to be ripped off and looked after it you will at least get your money back.

Edited by joecash

What's that I hear , a 26 inch gun that you can actually hit something with .Do you realise that this goes against all the "expert " opinion that it is impossible to even hit a barn door with anything less than 32 inch barrels with at least 2 sets of extension chokes ?

I am of course having a laugh but it dose show how some people are easily led by trends . Nothing wrong with short barrels .

What's that I hear , a 26 inch gun that you can actually hit something with .Do you realise that this goes against all the "expert " opinion that it is impossible to even hit a barn door with anything less than 32 inch barrels with at least 2 sets of extension chokes ?

I am of course having a laugh but it dose show how some people are easily led by trends . Nothing wrong with short barrels .

It is amazing how fashion can change isn`t it !

I inherited my dad's one with the narrow rib and its bored cylinder/improved. He originally bought it as a knockabout, don't mind if it gets wet gun and it throws really nice patterns.

Quick and instinctive on the handling for me and mustard on the little bumblebee mini clays. The only thing that's ever gone wrong was the top lever spring a couple of years ago but Ladbroke and Langton's sorted that.

Won't be selling mine any time soon.

Cheers

Fizz

Top lever spring, around 6 quid. If you are capable of taking the stock off, then you can change the top lever spring.

You may be interested to know that 'P' guns have an offer on their gunslips at present. They even have a zipped side pocket for .....................wait for it..........................SPARES ! :lol::lol:

Edited by Westley