My New Beretta 686e Evo

RossM

Well after a false start with a 32" version I am now the proud owner of a 686E Evo in 30" complete with "Chav Chokes" as my mate calls them! Took it to Wyre Gun Club this morning and shot 31/50 which ain't bad for first time out with it. May this be the start of a long relationship.

post-34-0-73537300-1425816189_thumb.jpgpost-34-0-66052100-1425816204_thumb.jpg

Your father's 10 year old 686E - like mine - was built in the custom shop by gunsmiths, alongside the 682 and DT10. In all probability it will last forever and give no trouble. The current ones, which are a look alike product designed to cash in on the original's reputation, are built in the main factory by assembly workers and you cannot expect the same level of build quality.

Inspection by an independent gunsmith sounds like a very good idea as I suspect you have a battle ahead of you to get a satisfactory outcome.

? interested to hear what thats about ?

Thanks for that, wasn't making any sense lol. While on the subject of mass produced guns, the ones that most of us aspire to own are we expecting too much ? To be fair they are on the whole pretty well made which ever one you go for. Sure the hand finishing is not going to happen on a cheaper gun but for that privalige you are starting to talk silly money. Obviously if something is really bad then it needs sorting out but I think on the whole we all expect perfection these days, no matter how much we pay.

are we expecting too much ?

Quality is not a given, even from the major makers of factory produced guns. On every forum and in every clay club we hear tales of woe about faults that should have been spotted at the QA station. But when all's said and done most of them do what they're supposed to and don't give trouble and even if the standards of fit, finish and attention to detail are often less than stellar people don't seem to notice.

At least until they look closely at a CG and realise what a poor job the others are doing... :yes:

To be honest I get so fed up of hearing that this gun or that is a nail when in truth most will last the agerage shots life time under average use. Lets face it most of us can't afford to shoot thousands and thousands of rounds a year...I can't. So for average Joe most out there will do the job just fine as long as they fit well eonough and you enjoy using it and having fun.