Pump Action

desperado

My next shotgun will be a pump (when I get the funds, currently buying new metal tools)

I apreciate them for two main factors.

1) A semi will always cycle another round into the chamber, ready to fire. If you take a shot with a pump, it will remain safe until a new round is cycled

2) your shel can be put away for clean disposal. The shoots I (rarley) visit are so clean and tidy, that it would be disrespectful to leave fired carts laying around.

Also quick and easy to clean, generally fool proof.. can be shot almost as quick as a semi with practice.

Oh.. and the sound... is something that really stands out from other shotgun actions. :good:

Are pump action shotguns any good? Does anyone have one? What are the advantages over a semi-auto? Surely if its just for the extra shot the semi would cycle faster?

lots of questions I guess :good:

Thanks

Desperado

are pump actions any good,,,,,, ask any shooter who has used a model 12 awsome sunshine :D

also had as my first shotgun a Savage 5 shot 3,000 new york cops cant be wrong can they.

http://www.gundirectory.com/body.asp?gun=S...m=Pump%20Action

Martin

I got a Mossberg pump - cheap as chips brand new and picked up a second hand extended multichoke barrel that was kicking round the floor of another gun shop.

Great gun - indestructible, cycles every time (pump it like you mean it ooerr), very nice gun and easy to shoot. Puts a real smile on my face.

...... Surely if its just for the extra shot the semi would cycle faster?......

pump actions can be a bit slow as you can see from this.........clicky clicky

Wow! :lol: after that clip I now see pumps in a whole new light :good:

Great info guys, sound like a great all round gun and a wee bit safer than a semi.

Any particular makes or models that should be avoided if I was getting one?

Cheers :good:

Desperado