SILVERSTONE F1

Browning 425 clay hunter

I was lucky enough to go free some years ago when Coulthard was still driving. I went with my old firm for practice, qualifying and race day in and out by helicopter. I was entertaining our top clients in the Johnathan Palmer Autosports hospitality, breakfast lunch and dinner plus drinks all day with a private stand on the back straight.

I enjoyed it but cost me nothing, even better I was being paid to be there, no sure I would pay much to do it again.

I was lucky enough to go free some years ago when Coulthard was still driving. I went with my old firm for practice, qualifying and race day in and out by helicopter. I was entertaining our top clients in the Johnathan Palmer Autosports hospitality, breakfast lunch and dinner plus drinks all day with a private stand on the back straight.

I enjoyed it but cost me nothing, even better I was being paid to be there, no sure I would pay much to do it again.

Ah the good old days of corporate entertaining. Unfortunately the Compliance function in most Financial institutions have clamped down on a lot of it. I remember the good old days when I was rarely in the office June-August.

Father in law blagged me a corporate weekend with Williams a few years back..He was then FD at one of the main sponsors...did the Didcot tour, pit access, practice and watched the race all from the comfort of a nice leather armchair in the private enclosure, met the test drivers, drivers, team, pit crew and the great man himself...even got a free Oris watch for my collection. All travel and accommodation provided.

Must have cost a fortune but a grain of sand in the desert compared to the corporate sponsorship deals being done.

Always will remember the smell in the pit area especially when the cars are warming up before practice.

Used to go every other year when I had the bike or CD, Thruxton or Brands.. great day out all sports fans should experience at least once,

Ah the good old days of corporate entertaining. Unfortunately the Compliance function in most Financial institutions have clamped down on a lot of it. I remember the good old days when I was rarely in the office June-August.

They were the days. Even had a private plane with about 20 others to see England lose to Argentina in the World Cup in Saint Etienne when Beckham got sent off. Some of my mates were very upset with me as I don't really follow football.