On the black stuff

bunny_blaster

After yesterday's sport with PC I was back out today on my own trying to find some pigeons. I never left my house until 11 and after checking rape, drillings and clover it was obvious the pigeons weren't about still. My attention turned to the fields of fresh drillings where I met up with PC yesterday. There was a good number of crows down so decided to have a day on the blackies. My next problem was decoys, I had no crow decoys. I made a call to the farmer and after an hour of searching all the nooks and crannies of the farm buildings I somehow managed to find 1 very old and faded plastic crow decoy behind the sofa in the shoot room. It hardly looked like a crow but I set up my hide and placed the crow and 2 pigeons out on the field. I shot 2 woodies straight away and then for the next hour it went quiet, the crows weren't interested but I managed to call a couple in to range and put these out. The crows started coming back slowly and the more birds I added to the pattern the more confident the came in. I started shooting at 13.30 and by 17.00 I had run out of cartridges. I picked 66 mixed corvids and 4 pigeons.

Cheers

Ben

photo-10.jpg