Napier Ultra Clean Jag

MrShirley

If you search Amazon and read the reviews most people think it is just a gimmick and would not buy it again.

I just use rolled up kitchen roll to push down to remove the loose muck,( I have a 1/2" plastic rod to do this with), 10 minutes with cleaner, scrub and finish with an oily mop.

Save yourself 10 quid !

Guest Mick.j

I just use toilet roll - Two sheets scrunched up and pushed through with a jag. Cheap as chips.

Unless you have a purdey or similar, then i would use an Aloa oil impregnated roll :whistling:

Like you I thought this looked a good idea. I watched their video on utube and ordered all their recommended cleaning items including the jag and expensive Napier cleaning roll.

Used it for the first time yesterday and it soon became clear that the Napier cleaning tape didn't "self amalgamate" as suggested so I used kitchen towel - much cheaper and did the job.

The only thing I would recommend is the Napier gun cleaner, gun oil and grease.

Their video was a good marketing tool but as others above have said absolutely not necessary

Like you I thought this looked a good idea. I watched their video on utube and ordered all their recommended cleaning items including the jag and expensive Napier cleaning roll.

Used it for the first time yesterday and it soon became clear that the Napier cleaning tape didn't "self amalgamate" as suggested so I used kitchen towel - much cheaper and did the job.

The only thing I would recommend is the Napier gun cleaner, gun oil and grease.

Their video was a good marketing tool but as others above have said absolutely not necessary

Plus the gun the guy was cleaning was hardly dirty. My barrels are much dirtier than that even after 50 carts.

Edited by Duckandswing

I just use toilet roll - Two sheets scrunched up and pushed through with a jag. Cheap as chips.

Unless you have a purdey or similar, then i would use an Aloa oil impregnated roll :whistling:

+1 - and I know (from a friends experience as I don't own one) - loo roll does no harm to a Purdey either!

Edited by JohnfromUK