Bucks

norfolkgoose

Hi I know this maybe not the right section to post this ... but have any of you ever had a really strong smelling buck rabbit I only ask as I shot one last night and it smells very strong from the moment I picked it up ... there appears to be nothing wrong looks healthy out side and in so have prepared it to cook .

its been in the fridge over night after a wash but still smells sort of musty .

my question is is the meat going to be any good e.g not very pleasant / tainted of this strong musty smell after cooking ?

This is the first time i have had one like this .

Many thanks

Edited by norfolkgoose

Please read the post it smelt like this from the moment I picked it up (head shot) .

And no I did not nick the guts and was skinned first, guttted and washed then popped in fridge over night all in less than 20 minutes.

The following day it still had the same smell so I cooked it and the smell just stayed the same .

I have since read a few articles about the musty smell and its down to the scent glads in mature bucks cause this musty smell,

but I would not have thought it would have tainted the meat once prepped .

Please read the post it smelt like this from the moment I picked it up (head shot) .

And no I did not nick the guts and was skinned first, guttted and washed then popped in fridge over night all in less than 20 minutes.

The following day it still had the same smell so I cooked it and the smell just stayed the same .

I have since read a few articles about the musty smell and its down to the scent glads in mature bucks cause this musty smell,

but I would not have thought it would have tainted the meat once prepped .

was only joking mr goose,, you do sometimes get this but as yet I,ve not experienced it yet

atb Evo