Two for joy!

aga man

Like many others here my pigeon shooting has taken a back seat of late and although have shot the odd crow or rabbit with the shotgun, most of my vermin control has been done with the air rifle.

I recently sold my trusty old AA s200 as i had purchased [cheap] and refurbed an old Falcon in .177.

Being new to .177 i wasn't sure what to expect regarding the stopping power in sub 12ft lb.

I have been getting to grips with a Rabbit problem on one of my farms this week as the numbers have become an issue on some spring sown wheat.

The little rifle has amazed me both in terms of accuracy and stopping power killing rabbits out to 40yds with ease. In fact if you can hold the rifle still enough it will literally put pellet on pellet.

Whilst out on the Rabbits last night i was taunted by a bunch of magpies that would not come ner enough or sit still long enough for a shot.

I made note of a tree the magpies were visiting regular and as soon as i knocked of today i was sat in position waiting.

In less than an hour i had shot a brace of Magpies both killed clean at 37ish yds. :good:

I have made an effort to get ontop of the growing number of magpies this year and although i have shot some with shotgun and trapped a few, these two shot with the air were the most rewarding.

18 rabbits and 2 magpies shot this week with the humble little .177 Falcon.

post-57269-0-40093900-1432918053_thumb.jpg

Like many others here my pigeon shooting has taken a back seat of late and although have shot the odd crow or rabbit with the shotgun, most of my vermin control has been done with the air rifle.

I recently sold my trusty old AA s200 as i had purchased [cheap] and refurbed an old Falcon in .177.

Being new to .177 i wasn't sure what to expect regarding the stopping power in sub 12ft lb.

I have been getting to grips with a Rabbit problem on one of my farms this week as the numbers have become an issue on some spring sown wheat.

The little rifle has amazed me both in terms of accuracy and stopping power killing rabbits out to 40yds with ease. In fact if you can hold the rifle still enough it will literally put pellet on pellet.

Whilst out on the Rabbits last night i was taunted by a bunch of magpies that would not come ner enough or sit still long enough for a shot.

I made note of a tree the magpies were visiting regular and as soon as i knocked of today i was sat in position waiting.

In less than an hour i had shot a brace of Magpies both killed clean at 37ish yds. :good:

I have made an effort to get ontop of the growing number of magpies this year and although i have shot some with shotgun and trapped a few, these two shot with the air were the most rewarding.

18 rabbits and 2 magpies shot this week with the humble little .177 Falcon.

Buy a Larsen top entry trap, in 3 weeks you will be on top of those maggies. Shooting an odd one or two is all very well but they are clever birds and will avoid anywhere they have been shot at. You just need to cadge a decoy ( most shoots are now coming to the end of the larsen season so will have maggies to spare) and away you go.

A

Well done mate. Not sure it would be "joy" for the 2 on the receiving end of the pellet. I really dislike magpies and try my best to shoot them whenever I get the chance, making sure I always put a couple of decoys out with the crows to try and attract them within shooting range.

Keep up the good work.