BASC Introduction to Pigeon Shooting Course as Requested

bakerboy

19 members have voted

1. 1. have you booked?

• booked for North west
    • Waiting for North East

I just re-read my BASC letter and it is asking to bring fibre wad cartridges. The ones i have in fibre are 30g No. 6 going to be ok?

I am sure they will be OK if not I am sure we will have something to substitute, so no worries.

Edited by bakerboy

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of it is a desert. When I was in Hukuntsi (A metropolis you will all have heard of :) ) last, they hadn't had a drop of rain for seven years!

By the way, how many fibre wad shells do you think they mean, plural implies at least 2 but could mean 10 slabs!!!

David.

Maybe Bakerboy can answer that one.

If it's based on normal pigeons we shoot its lug a box found the fields and wood and come back with one pigeon, 2-3 crows and at the moment the odd sickly looking rabbit and most of the cartridges still. The deadstock is all down to OH,I haven't quite got the hang of the livestock appearing before you shout pull. :|

A big thank you to both of you for keeping this topic in full view, it is really appreciated.

We could do with some more PW members on the course, especially as a good number of you asked for the course to be held in the area.

I am sure it will be a success.

Keep up the good work as I will be away for two from the end of this week..

Thank you Terry

I leave the thread in very safe hands, I will have a rest and not have to worry about anything.

Keep up the good work.

Ps

Do not forget I have moved another holiday so that I can attend the course, I will now be leaving for that holiday on September 7th.

The term "PULL" came from the days when pigeons were released from "Traps"(where the pigeons were caught) by the "Trapper" (the man that caught them) when he would pull a few feathers from the tail to make the pigeon fly erratically.

So may be maybe in the past the Pigeons did come when you called "PULL".

History lesson over.

BASC courses and Young Shots events
Help us to help you - register your interest

BASC has launched a new service for members interested in taking one of our training courses, but who may have had difficulty finding one in their area.

Having introduced online booking and payment for our courses we have now included the ability for members to register their interest in a particular training course that is not currently scheduled in their area. We will then endeavour to put on a course when we have sufficient demand in that area to make it economically viable. Click below to register:

http://basc.org.uk/sporting-services/basc-training-courses/

We have a wide range of courses available including basic airgun, shotgun and rifle handling to advanced shotgun shooting or coaching, deer stalking, pigeon shooting and carcass & butchery training.

Young Shots events

The same system applies to Young Shots events. If you are keen for your child to attend an event but can’t find one within striking distance, then you can register your interest with us and if there is enough demand in a particular area, we will look at organising an event. Click below to register:

http://basc.org.uk/youngshots/young-shots-events-form/

Remember, simply registering an interest will not guarantee a training course or Young Shots event being organised in your area, but it will help us to better understand where demand exists and plan accordingly. For an up-to-date list of courses currently available in your area, visit the country and regional pages of the BASC website For an overview of forthcoming BASC courses UK-wide, click here.