Garden statue whats this worth???

johnnythefox70

I have aquired this statue from a deceased family member and we know absolutely nothing about, its far too big for my small garden so was going to put it on that well known auction site. Not sure what its made from or how old it is all i know is its roughly 6ft tall and weighs in around half a tonne and came from london. Condition wise Its in good shape. Any information much appreciated JTF

post-32501-0-55645200-1434214243_thumb.jpg

post-32501-0-17489900-1434214337_thumb.jpg

Ok the best place to get an idea is an auction house called summers place, they sell a lot of stuff like this as well as some really unusual. If they like it and think it is a prospect then you just need to get it to them. Any problems let me know as we move a lot of their larger and more unusual stuff.

I definitely wouldn't put it on eBay without a proper evaluation of its worth. A second one that might give you an idea of value is dreweatt neat at Newbury they also seem to get a fair few pieces like it

Edited by al4x

People look on eBay for a bargain, you need to know what it is worth, from the ones I've seen they aren't the sort of thing you can buy cheaply. Much as it isn't most people's taste selling at auction means people buy on a global front and this sort of thing seems to appeal to the yanks and amazingly there are still some Greeks with money to buy. We had one similar in from a London auction house and I'm sure it was about 5k it's highly unlikely to reach similar on eBay and then you have to worry about getting paid and also shipping it or having someone bother to collect it

The other thing you want to do is keep it upright and when you transport it. Odds are you will break it if it moves about much like that