FAC Application

vermin hunter

I sent mine on approximately the 10/1/07. It's not here yet, and my land hasn't even been inspected! I'm going to put in to have the guns for club use, and for another farm soon. It's getting a bit daft to be honest, coming up to 3 months wait (which I must add, is how long my SGC took to arrive about 6 months ago). Ring them and nag, I have!

a few years ago now but it took gwent police 10 months to get my SGC and about 7 months 2 years later to get my FAC :good: they took 7 months to give my friend a variation :good: they have to be the worst police force in the country FACT

Hello all, i applied for my firearms licence 5 weeks ago and have heard nothing ! ! I was wondering what your experiences have been like and how long it has taken from start to finish ?

Has your cheque been cashed? If not, they may lost your application. If it has, then phone them and tell them your available at for interveiw short notice, should they a cancellation. May be worh asking (politely) if your force has a 'Charter Mark' for service, and if so, how long they believe you should to wait?

After all, they are a Public Body, fiananced by the taxpayer (you & me) and they are accountable for the 'service' that you have paid for - assuming that they've cashed your cheque.

It will depend on what constabulary you are under. Bare in ind howeber, that they are all making the transfer over to the new national registery system. Expect delays in your applications and grants renewals.

When I applied for mine, it took 12 weeks.

Hello all, i applied for my firearms licence 5 weeks ago and have heard nothing ! ! I was wondering what your experiences have been like and how long it has taken from start to finish ?

Back in1985 I applied for a firearm certificate and posted it on a Thursday. Monday morning my cabinet was inspected and on the Wednesday morning my licence arrived in the post. Not including the weekend, that was 3 days. This was done by South Wales Constabulary and I have had many dealings with them over the years, ie. 1 for 1 variations within 10 days. I have to say that in my opinion they are great when it comes to doing their job.

Why can't other forces act in the same way? :good: