Need a new telly

leeds chimp

My old Samsung died and went out and replaced it with a Philips one thinking it would be about the same....

Most of it's OK but can't download new apps to it so it will be going back

Looking at a Samsung again or open to offers... wanting to spend under £450 Max for 45in min smart HD tv that can download apps to like itv player or better if already got them

• 2 weeks later...

generally, anything Samsung should easily tick most of anyones boxes... cracking TV's imho.

the only thing that I find lets them down is the sound quality... so I bought a matching Samsung soundbar to go with mine. perfect!

Agreed ..... Sound on my new Samsung terrible bought a sound bar. My daughter with better hearing than my wife and I said ... there is an echo on that television. so contacted Richer sounds they replaced TV ( Great Service ) sound on new unit brilliant ...... not used sound bar since.

Richer sounds

The owner may be a bit "misguided" but their staff are extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. I bought a sound box (Canton DM75) to go with my TV but it died after 8 months. On the phone I was told that it would have to be sent away for repair but when I took it into their shop was told "It shouldn't have gone wrong. We have them in stock. Take a new one with you."

What every you get, just make sure the HDMI is cross compatible. I have a lg blueray player that was on the lg TV but had 5 TV's pack up. Replacement with panisonic, sound is much better, old sound bar now not need. But the blueray player is none compatible it turns out so turned out to be rather expensive

What every you get, just make sure the HDMI is cross compatible. I have a lg blueray player that was on the lg TV but had 5 TV's pack up. Replacement with panisonic, sound is much better, old sound bar now not need. But the blueray player is none compatible it turns out so turned out to be rather expensive

I thought that HDMI was compatible. I have many devices of different makes and have never had a problem with HDMI compatibility.