First of Many!

Managed to get some free time around work. Got out in the evening last night for a few hours, spotted 3, managed to get a shot at this one before it spooked like the others! Finally christened the rifle I bought a few weeks ago, got a lot of spare time next week so going to get onto the rabbits big time.

post-15625-0-87708100-1436135141_thumb.jpg

Edited by TwoSmokingBarrels

That's a hare isn't it ?

Edit just saying not having a go I could be wrong I'm on phone .

No not a hare, photo does make it look slightly like a hare got to admit, because its spread out, but facially and body wise you can see definitely it is not a hare. It was a nice young rabbit, looks bigger than it is in the photo! Going to be a nice one to eat.

T bolt has some really good reviews so well worth a look. I have an anschutz 1517 in .17 HMR, great little rifle that I wouldnt be without despite all the bad press with split case necks and ammo issues at the moment.

Yes i have heard, seen some good reviews, initially was going to have it in 22LR but got a good deal on that savage, so still fancy it but in 17hmr. Nice rifle those 1517's, really eager to try the 17hmr out, always see the bad press about them but still worth a try, im going to keep my eye out for one!

Yes i have heard, seen some good reviews, initially was going to have it in 22LR but got a good deal on that savage, so still fancy it but in 17hmr. Nice rifle those 1517's, really eager to try the 17hmr out, always see the bad press about them but still worth a try, im going to keep my eye out for one!

You will like the .17 hmr. I got rid of my .22 lr after I bought my first .17 hmr about 4 years ago (CZ452). I got the 1517 after I decided I wanted a dedicated NV rifle as well so now have the 2. If you fancy a trip up to Welshpool (I think it may be a bit far) you can try out my 2 rifles if you want.

Im not being funny but you are well mistaken, there is a clear difference between the two and you can clearly see its a rabbit.

This man knows^

Cheers

OK mate ...sometimes hard to tell from a pic .

If it was in my hand would know for sure...... no offence intended.

We love a good hare versus rabbit argument on here, there's been a few corkers with some real slanging matches going on.

Nice shot, hope it made good eating - 3/4 growns are my favorite, you know that lovely feeling when you are skinning them when it literally falls off and think 'this one is going to taste nice!'.

We love a good hare versus rabbit argument on here, there's been a few corkers with some real slanging matches going on.

Nice shot, hope it made good eating - 3/4 growns are my favorite, you know that lovely feeling when you are skinning them when it literally falls off and think 'this one is going to taste nice!'.

Haha i have seen a few hare vs rabbit arguments on here, the thing is there is a clear difference between the two, sometimes photos don't help, im sure unless you hold no common knowledge atall(there is plenty on here who don't) they could confuse the two or not even know there were such things as a rabbit and hare haha.

Yeah was nice to finally get out with it and shoot at something instead of targets! Going into a stew tonight, should be good! Tell me about it, it was a nice 3/4 grown and its a luxury skinning one compared to the usual fully grown tough rabbit!