land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes it does seem un even, used a **** squirty bottle, and its **** carpet, saying that its not even carpet more like van lining, it has no decent bottom, both sides are pretty much the same :no::no: looking at that carpet fs i think id need 3 meters so its going to be about £85 with the postage, so its either that of just buy the set from exmoor trim for £136, saying that iv just lloked and there backed up for a few week, and with VAT and delivery it tops out at £180, think i will go for the one you suggested, i will have to have a proper measure :good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

this is my measurements of my rear tub, i just need to work out what i need,

tufter nylon is 1.5m roll at £24 m, or 1.5m x 2 m sheets at £12 a sheet, its just a question of do i need the back to be all one piece apart from the rear bulkhead,

post-9513-0-33369900-1467486130_thumb.jpg

Operation 90 - went well (kind of). Moved it to the drive yesterday before the wife came home. When she arrived she asked who's it was, I said Phil's, I said he could park it here while he sells it. She then said it looks nice, if you want it I will buy it you for your birthday next week, I'll ring him later. :no::lol:

and best of all iv just spoken to the paint sprayer, hes back off his holls today, and hes finished my wings, and hes ready for the rear tub, when thats done i can get that on, wings on,doors on,floor plates on, lights in, sound proofing and carpets in, the list is endless :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: any one wanna pop round and help????????????? feel free, :good::good:

7 weeks and counting till the car show :hmm::hmm:

cheers bubble,

got the bumper from here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SERIES-2-3-LAND-ROVER-FRONT-GALVANISED-BUMPER-WITH-BOLTS-564704-/170699515553?hash=item27be7be6a1:m:mkDr9ir99JTxS6NHtLZWceA

very pleased with it and about the cheapest i could find, came with the bolts too :good::good::good::good:

Ordered it- thanks :good:

Interesting watching with the carpet, I only have rubber mats in mine and have been looking out for a rug thingy to go around the gear box area to keep the normal drone down, I guess thats the county advantage ... carpets :lol:

Keep the faith, seven weeks will fly by now :good: which show is it booked in for?

They do a sound deadening and carpet kit like I got at paddocks.

Looks about the same. Think they were £75 each with VAT on

Ordered it- thanks :good:

Interesting watching with the carpet, I only have rubber mats in mine and have been looking out for a rug thingy to go around the gear box area to keep the normal drone down, I guess thats the county advantage ... carpets :lol:

Keep the faith, seven weeks will fly by now :good: which show is it booked in for?

It's just the local classic car rally.

http://www.paddockspares.com/parts-and-accessories/land-rover-series-2-and-3/upholstery-and-interiors/soundproofing-and-carpeting.html

Hi Viking

I spent a few hours with my mate who restores Series 1 Land Rovers for a living, he suggested you could try these for carpet as they sell the Anti Rot stuff in black.

http://www.martrim.co.uk/index.html

still not heard back from these *****, 3 days now, it ****** me off when people/company's dont reply to enquirer emails

just seen this on ebay, by got its got some tyres on it, looks like a swamp monster :lol::lol:

Well done Viking, you have done a cracking job fella :good: Not exactly how I expected it to turn out with modernising it but she does look a beaut, surprised you are selling on ebay but you know what you are doing :good:

What next ?

Well done Viking, you have done a cracking job fella :good: Not exactly how I expected it to turn out with modernising it but she does look a beaut, surprised you are selling on ebay but you know what you are doing :good:

What next ?

At least he didn't stick with that Brown colour :lol::lol::lol::ninja: