land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

I kid you not this is for sale in my village and I was only joking, can't believe I even found one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VANDEN-PLAS-1500-ALLEGRO-RARE-5-SPEED-MK2-MODEL-/311715034794?hash=item4893a9f6aa:g:iAsAAOSwpLNX-S1J

I had one exacty the same as that.... Bought it for £50 as an MOT failure.... Fitted new brakes pads and put it through the MOT again... Total cost about £95. Ran it for a few trouble free years before giving it to my brother. I loved it

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a Riley 1300cc I think for the most part the same car as the Alegro just the 1100 shape body and I loved it why do people have to put things down just because they do not like the look of it after all for the most part it did what it said on the box and got you from a to b in a cheap and comfortable way.

I changed it for a Citrone 2CV and regretted it as soon as I got it home at the time I was short of cash and wanted a car that was extra cheap to run and there was loads of them about so I foolishly thought that they must be good.

it was not all bad you could go over speed bumps as fast as you wanted to lovely soft suspension and used hardly any petrol but would not start if the weather was wet and it was so light that if a lorry went past it would just drag you along in the air draft.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

well its been a few days since i went into the garage but i have good excuses,

saturday was spent shooting then drinking with said shooting mates, and they can drink, its not often i go out with them and now i know why :lol::lol:

sunday i was rough as a bears behind and as iv just started watching the sons of anarchy again i spent all day watching that, monday i was tired as an old crow, and tuesday is snooker night :good::good:

tonight i got the other bits of glass in the passenger side door,

post-9513-0-20023400-1479322591_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-02478100-1479322599_thumb.jpg

Come on Lee, get a grip i took mine out and put it back on my own, and i am 73, mind you it didnt matter if i scratched anything :lol::lol:

but did yours have the seat rails on, think thats where all the weight is, :lol: and iv got a bad back, prolapsed disc, and if you give me 10 mins i will think of some more excuses, :lol::lol:

i think it was just the not wanting to scratch anything really, and having to thread it round the hand brake and avoid the gear stick :good::good::good:

It is getting there Lee, keep going chap, get them seats in a a for sale sign in the window.

I have tracked down the owner of the Alegro, he may be up for a deal. :lol::lol:

im planning on a good stint over the weekend so should (fingers crossed) be some good progress, plan is to get seat base bolted in, floor plates and gearbox tunnel bits, seats put back together and in, and the sound proofing and carpet. at least :good::good:

Dohh, no i didnt, do you mean the sticky one side and thin foam on the other?

im guessing i should of done, looks like iv done the old "bull in a china shop" again, its not bolted down yet so can change if needs be, :good::good:

im closer to leeds than you............the air has a blue tinge to it this evening................. :lol::lol:

it has now :lol::lol:

Dohh, no i didnt, do you mean the sticky one side and thin foam on the other?

im guessing i should of done, looks like iv done the old "bull in a china shop" again, its not bolted down yet so can change if needs be, :good::good:

it has now :lol::lol:

:good::good::lol: ...wot would ter do wiv out us ey !.................i bet you cringe everytime you turn PW on......... :lol::lol:

the tape is a must and on the tunnell mouldings as well ....it stops squeaks and leaks...

Edited by ditchman