land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i thoughts thats what they were for, thats the reason i bought it, all them little grinding stone seem to have no use to me whatsoever, im now thinking iv just wasted £50 :no::no:

Air tools vary alot from standard electric power tools, a grinder is just a grinder as you don't generally get one larger than 115mm in air tools where as a standard 1mm cutting disc come as 125mm so wont go past the guard and the rpm is also different.

Edited by Luckyshot

there was also a mini cut off tool at the shop today same as my die grinder, looked like a 3" disc

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-cat127-professional-3-air-cut-off-tool/

and iv seen people using them as grinders, sanders and abrasive pads on youtube

Yes you can get the 3" cutter but as you will have noticed the disc is on the top rather than the side so they are no good as a grinder. Air tool wise you would get a da (dual action sander) for sanding a grinder for grinding and for cutting you will either use a one like you have linked or a 125mm air cutter similar looking to a grinder. All depends on what you want the tool for. I use mine a lot and have around 10 different sanders/cutters/grinders. One tool will not do everything unfortunately. Edited by Luckyshot

If you're cutting body panels ideally you want the 125mm cutter, if you're just cutting the odd job the 3" one will do. A die grinder like yours doesn't come with a guard so if you do use it for cutting/grinding, watch your fingers.

If you're cutting body panels ideally you want the 125mm cutter, if you're just cutting the odd job the 3" one will do. A die grinder like yours doesn't come with a guard so if you do use it for cutting/grinding, watch your fingers.

should of just stuck with my normal grinder, i have wire wheels,grinding and cutting discs, i just thought the die grinder was the same only worked off air and was a bit smaller for smaller jobs.

lucky shot, iv gone rite off you now :lol::lol:

thats right, iv stuck the plastic black thing round the barrel lock, still waiting on a couple of wiring components to be delivered before the wiring can be finished, and still waiting for a call from trimmer who is doing my roof lining, despite promising 2 week ago he was going to do it, the ***** :no:

once upon a time there was this lad called lee, he was quite a good shot regularly scoring 40+ on most outing at the clay grounds, he was quite a happy chappy, he would always enjoy a brew with 2 sugars and a few rollies whilst out shooting :good::good:

so this one day,new coat on off he went for his new years day shoot, hung over but off he still went

post-9513-0-48726600-1483356711_thumb.jpg