Watching flight line

la bala

Right guys had a brief conversation with the boy this morning, he gave me a run down of the day. No photo at this time as he is too busy with his second love, he and his wife are packing their diving gear ready for a jolly to the Dominicon Republic. My son works on vast tracks of old industrial waste land, he is a heavy earthmoving machine operator, clearing the land for development. This land is just outside of a City and has a definite flightline, he had a good day at this location last year. Saturday morning Stu and Meg arrived on site at 6.30, it was rainy and overcast, not really what they were hoping for, as he had driven 20 odd miles my son decided to wait a while. The next thing my son recollects is being woken by meg and it was 8.30, and there was movement on the flight line. He hastily put out 6 dead birds, 2 magnets and a flapper. I would point out, this is entirely waste land, grass, weeds, bushes, brick rubble etc. 8.30 until 12.30 was not as busy as he expected with 40 birds on the clicker. He had noticed some birds flaring and on inspection of the magnets, he found some of the paint had worn off the arms. The arms we use are made from stainless, and as the sun had appeared these were obviously glinting and putting pigeons off. As a compromise my son found some mud and covered the four arms in it. The afternoon was a different ball game he had the wind at his back and a constant flow of birds returning home, but also dropping in to his pattern. Meg by this time was confined to the hide as she is coming up nine and her old joints are starting to give her grief. My son said the shooting was just none stop, as soon as he had put a bird on the clicker he was swinging on the next lot of customers. My son had to stop shooting a bit earlier than planned as 3 dirt bikers turned up and decided they wanted to watch him shoot, my son wasnt comfortable with this and decided to call it a day. The time was 5.30, he had 189 on the clicker, not 179 as i said in my first post. Due to the terrain he lost 30 birds, but was quite happy picking up 159. He did say he would have made the 200 if he hadnt of had the unwelcome guests. All in all Stu and Meg had a great day. Well done to them. JD my steak was heaven, the 28 day stuff that melts in your mouth :)

Bit more collecting up, but Meg cream crackered.

Well after Stu and Megs good day on Saturday, we had a bit of a scare with Meg. Stu came home Tuesday night and Meg was completely off her back legs, crying and shaking, he gave her some mild pain killers and decided to see how she was in the morning. Wednesday morning showed little change, so straight to the vets. Vets gave her quick look over and said she would need a scan but they couldnt do it that day, My Son wasnt happy with that and told them he wanted it that day. Very well Sir we will fit it in, the scan will be £500, thats a good start thinks me. Any way Meg spent the day at the vets, was sedated and had her ultra scan. The outcome is, she has arthritis in both hips and some calcium on 4 spine vertebra, she now has to lose 6 kilo, and will probably be on medication for the rest of her days. A good outcome was she came home walking on all fours and very happy to see her master, although he had just parted with just over 600 which included the medication. I dont know what they injected her with, but i am seriously considering a visit myself :lol: . I think the overall outcome to this will be Meg taking a back seat in the hide much to her disgust. Does Stu regret spending that money on her, not one little bit