FAC processing

adi786

Hi Guys,

Based in hampshire, when applied for shotgun certificate it took around 5 months to get it. Am looking forward to do a course at nearest rifle club and also apply for my FAC. Wanted to know will it take same number of months as it took for shotgun @FAC or it could be less as they might not have to do some other checks which they alreayd did in past?

Also would it be a nice idea to send my application for FAC considering the waiting time @hampshire constabulary, my course will be starting nxt month 15th and will finish in mid november. So hopefuly by the time i complete my course, hopefully FEO would be calling to book in for interview?

Thanks

yup that is what wanted to confirm, as the course will be starting 15th oct finish around 15th nov, was thinking if it be good to apply meanwhile as by the time my applicatoin will be picked it be around end of NOV or Dec. The other way around would be apply once it is done, but that way it be next year i be looking around for my application to be picked up... just wanted to reduce some time if i can somehow... as hampshire constabulary is damn busy, a friend of mine got FEO visit after 3 months of waiting.. and now another 1-2 months till he gets his certificate in post

Sorry read the first post wrong.

What Luckyshot means is you cant apply for your FAC until you are a full member of the club.

So you need to complete your probationary period first and be accepted as a full member (completing probation does not always guarantee membership)

Without it you do not have a 'reason' to possess an FAC.

yup agree, but by the time, my turn will come up, i will be a full member of the club (already spoke to my club and they said I can join as a full member as soon am done with my probationary which I have to do prior to join as a full member).

At the time of applying you MUST be in a position to demonstrate your "good reason" to possess a firearm.

You will be unable to do this until you are a full club member.

I'm afraid you will need to be patient.

Once you are a full member you will be given the documentation that you are asked to provide as evidence for your good reason on your fac application. Without membership you don't have a good reason so they wouldn't process it.

You type faster than me Charlie T !

Firstly I'm from Hampshire held a SGC for 40 years joined rifle club done probation period came full member still waited a bloody long time for FAC afraid Hampshire not fastest and as stated before renewals come first.

how long you been waiting for mate?

Then you would need land to shoot on ..

I do have a land, but still wanted to do course along side. Have used rifles in past, but still wanted to be bit more safer.

another question is, if you transfer/change ur fac from Rifle club to be used on land as well, do we have to go through all process again, and time wise does it take same as grant application for FAC?

how long you been waiting for mate?

I do have a land, but still wanted to do course along side. Have used rifles in past, but still wanted to be bit more safer.

another question is, if you transfer/change ur fac from Rifle club to be used on land as well, do we have to go through all process again, and time wise does it take same as grant application for FAC?

Now that land has come into the picture, yes you can apply for your fac now for vermin control and also state you are a member of such and such club. Even though you are still doing your probation your fac should come through with both on with vermin being your good reason for possession.