Red deer rut

glogin

Took couple of days off for the rut. Seen several nice stags, but shot an older cull stag, that I still considered as a nice trophy. I did not take any of the bigger master stags as I was not sure their age.
It was filmed in Poland and here probably should come some explanation as why I took this stag and not the other.
In this country all stalkers have to follow selective shooting and every trophy is scored after the season. The stags (fallow bucks, roebucks too..) have to be shot according to permit given and follow certain criteria, otherwise there are some consequences, such as ban for another two years...
For example, a medal head stag has to be over 11yo. 8..11yo should be below 5.5kg net weight, etc. Criteria are quite complex and aging deer is never easy...
I took a stag I knew was over 8yo and unlikely to be above 5.5kg, but in this area most of the stags are medal class and most I saw I think were quite young.
Please comment if you think and other stag was good to take and why.
Rifle Blaser R8 in .308 and SST 165gr reloads. 141kg larder weight.
Hope you enjoy it, thanks for watching.