Skeet gun Fun with MK600 3- 10 2015

Guest stevo

Morning all .

well yesterday turned out to be good fun , not the biggest of bags , but good enough for me . :good:

At the moment round these parts pigeon are a bit of a pain to decoy , with not many real good days but enough to keep me busy and yesterday was no exception , on days like these I tend to do a bit of hit and run , I just drive about and the slightest glimpse of a line starting , I take a gamble and have a bash for a coupe of hrs and then move on .

I had a couple of hrs on the pigeons in morning , then without warning the birds just stopped . and that was that , so off I went home , just after 1.30 pm I popped back out looking for more pigeons but ended up on some crows instead ( which suits me just fine )

I took my little MK 600 ORE ( 1960 ) skeet gun with its little dinky 26" barrel's , I was using 28 gram RC2 in a 7.5 ( English 7 ) this little cracker of a gun is rapidly becoming my favourite hide gun , however after using the 32" O/U and then dropping down to a 26" can take a couple of shots to get ones eye in .

the gun is extremely fast in the shoulder , but to me is a joy to use .

I used a very basic set up , as I knew I wouldn't be there long .

I hope you enjoy it .

PS . Caravanman hope you like it mate

atb stevo

https://youtu.be/iGD4xa1EJ7c

Lovely filum there stevo. Well shot. There'a lot to be said for short barrels and open chokes in a hide.

Thanks for posting.There's as much effort in making the movie as there is setting up, shooting the birds and clearing up afterwards.

thank you mate , your not wrong it gets harder as the years go buy haha

I agree with about the little guns ...............MUCH FUN !!

Thanks lads .

Scully yss i have to admit . Lincolnshire is as flat as a pan cake . So on days like that you can see right out to the horizon in all directions so you get the full dramatic effect of the sky .