Pulled Over

And that is the problem,Because the police are used to dealing with the more dubious end of society when they talk to you they

assume you are the same until proved otherwise.(It should be the other way round).

This is a fair point, and quite clearly more evident now the govt have destroyed the career of policing and its now a stop gap for graduates for a few years. The police as a whole will show massive signs of inexperience in years to come when the long term officers leave and the transient style of employment commences

Edited by Delboysparky

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a fair point, and quite clearly more evident now the govt have destroyed the career of policing and its now a stop gap for graduates for a few years. The police as a whole will show massive signs of inexperience in years to come when the long term officers leave and the transient style of employment commences

You speak with knowledge.

I can tell you first hand that the county where I work is pretty much fubar. I'm only talking from a 10 year snapshot but people around my length of service are leaving in droves, some are taking a £10,000 pay cut.which says it all really.

People always drone on about "well they know what they signed up for, blah" or words to that effect. But the reality is that conditions and pensions get changed and absolutely nothing can be done about it, so it isn't quite what was signed up for.

A common message from senior leaders is well if you don't like it you know where the door is, well a hell of a lot of experience is walking out of it so that message seems to have backfired. Few want to join also, no surprise.

Anyway off topic. Be polite and it's highly likely you'll get the same in return. If you don't then complain.

You speak with knowledge.

I can tell you first hand that the county where I work is pretty much fubar. I'm only talking from a 10 year snapshot but people around my length of service are leaving in droves, some are taking a £10,000 pay cut.which says it all really.

People always drone on about "well they know what they signed up for, blah" or words to that effect. But the reality is that conditions and pensions get changed and absolutely nothing can be done about it, so it isn't quite what was signed up for.

A common message from senior leaders is well if you don't like it you know where the door is, well a hell of a lot of experience is walking out of it so that message seems to have backfired. Few want to join also, no surprise.

Anyway off topic. Be polite and it's highly likely you'll get the same in return. If you don't then complain.

It strikes me that the people who make such comments as "They know what they signed up to" are lacking in reality, in truth, it is not known what you are signing up to, and no one signs up to work related stress, horrific scenes etc, no more than Servicemen and women sign up to suffer PTSD.

The roles of certain Govt employees are so varied and flexible that you simply sign up to endless possibilities. Its an adventure, if the public took their head out of their iPads and switched of Jeremy Kyle they may see how society has declined.

It strikes me that the people who make such comments as "They know what they signed up to" are lacking in reality, in truth, it is not known what you are signing up to, and no one signs up to work related stress, horrific scenes etc, no more than Servicemen and women sign up to suffer PTSD.

The roles of certain Govt employees are so varied and flexible that you simply sign up to endless possibilities. Its an adventure, if the public took their head out of their iPads and switched of Jeremy Kyle they may see how society has declined.

Very true.

Many years ago I was stopped by two policemen in a car as I was leaving a clay shooting ground, they had been parked right outside the entrance and followed me down the road before putting on the 'two's and blues' and pulling me over.

I asked what the problem was and they said that they had reason to believe that I might be carrying firearms !!

I suggested that that was very likely considering where I had just come from and that considering that I was a SGC holder it was perfectly legal so what was the problem ?

They said that they wanted to see the gun/s so I asked why and if they were firearms trained.

At this point I took out a notepad and made a big thing out of writing down their shoulder numbers whereupon they got in their car and drove off.

Their attitude throughout the encounter was belligerent and obnoxious so I made a formal complaint to the local station and got a written apology.

The odd thing was that the ground in question was well used by local policeman including a chief superintendant among them !

I would of probably been sarcastic too in the same situation.

Touch wood never had an issue to date.

Once got told to leave weapon on floor and come over to cop car had a bit of a do with them cause I refused and took it with me

Mate had armed cops turn up at his hide saw his car in the feild thought it had been nicked by ******

He took weapon over to them un loading it has he walked over , two cops got out and they had a good chat one of them had a shot with his semi auto ,they left happy enough he did every thing correct , the first lot were idiots

Edited by imissalot