PLAQUE OFF

NickB65

I just give a raw meaty bone every 3 days. Keeps the teeth white, nothing else needed.

Chicken carcass, lamb neck, turkey neck or a lump of tripe.

'Chicken carcass', are they ok for dogs with all the small bones in them,I thought it was a no no but maybe it's a myth.My mother knew a dog that died this way but that's the only one I heard of.

Like Smiler says, provided that they are raw you will be fine as they are soft and covered with bits of meat.

Cooked bones should never be given as they may splinter but even then I suspect that I suspect that if you asked a vet they would tell you that most internal blockages needing veterinary treatment are caused by things like socks, toys or other in-edible items.

Well, never had a dog before but got one from bigbird on here. Great all round condition but some plaque, particularly on upper rear molars. Got a lamb neck from my butcher today, got the lions share of the meat off it to go into a slow casserole and then gave the bones to pooch. He took about 40 minutes to gnaw his way through the lot. All of his teeth are pearly white now, including the upper molars. I honestly thought it would take repeated feeding of bones to get his teeth to the point they are at now.

You guys give good advice.

Thanks to eieieio for the heads up on lamb neck.

Cheers,

Mick