Blacked out windows- help wanted please guys!

roy8762

I'm in the process of removing the rear seats and boarding out my v plate 2000 swb nissan Terrano, the cab part if the truck will be seperated from the rear by a section of board, I want to paint out the rear windows solid black- anyone give me some idea if it's possible and what paint to use? Thanks guys!

A lad at work blacked out his side and rear windows on his estate car with a bronze coloured plastic sheeting. it was fairly easy to apply and you cant see anything into the vehicle but you can see out like a pair of sunglasses. It helps vision when backing and just generally seeing out backwards. Just a different angle to splogging paint on the glass

Don't really have the confidence/skill to use film- paint would be easier for me- as for reversing---- it's ok, it has a dirty great tow bar- if I back into something it won't damage my truck! Lol

Don't really have the confidence/skill to use film- paint would be easier for me- as for reversing---- it's ok, it has a dirty great tow bar- if I back into something it won't damage my truck! Lol

Had police pull me up few years back testing my windows factory fitted I might add , cause they were priversey coated and the wind screen had a built in blue shaded bit they said it was illegally on the road , I asked would it pass an mot yes they said then there is nothing wrong with I said , how wrong the system is they wanted to take it off the road and have the windows changed , ended up with a producer and had to get the driver ones changed even though it would pass an mot ,system is wrong be carfull

Be careful I would say you are changing the car into a van, this I would think means as already stated your insurance may be void but why you might ask. Well as a van it now requires commercial insurance and your car insurance no claims discount often cant be transferred onto a commercial policy also as you have modified the vehicle by removing the seats boarding it out and fitting a bulkhead it may require an engineers report to show it has been done to the correct standard.

Edited by sportsbob