How can someone do this?

NickS

I got home to find this chap tied to my gate. He was wearing a collar with an extending lead but no tags. When I first approached him, he cowered and started shaking. It didn't take take long before he livened up and proved friendly if rather poorly trained. Our circumstances mean that we cannot take on a dog and none of the neighbour's know him so we have had to take him to a local shelter.

post-58085-0-42165600-1444939666_thumb.jpeg

I cannot get beyond the cowardice of people to leave a dog tied to a strangers gate or to let them wander somewhere instead of taking them to a shelter.

For many reasons people may have to give up a dog and that may hurt pride, but to simply abandon a dog and leave it to fate unknown is shameful. As Fenboy said those giving up a dog should not be judged, but the method in which they choose to give up their dog can be.

I hope that the wee chap finds a loving home to spend his days.

I seriously cannot fathom how anyone could do this, My dog is part of my family. My parents rehomed their two dogs when I moved away to university, my brother moved at out at the same time, so with less of us at home the dogs weren't getting the attention they needed, it still upsets me that I couldn't have them come and stay with me at uni, and this was 8 years ago! But they found a breed specific re-homing group and the dogs went straight to a new vetted home straight from my parents so I'm at least happy they were going to get the attention that my parents could no longer give them! obviously that dogs are not around anymore, but I'm happy we did the best we could by them.