A Mornings Stalk

miffy

Thought i would post a pic of my first morning stalk while i have a wireless connection, some people should secure their wireless network :lol:

Up at 4 this morning to travel to the woods that we were gonna stalk. Managed to shoot 5 Roe bucks and a Muntjac Doe :good:

All shots were taken off sticks at ranges from 80 - 150 yards

Off out again in a while to see what we can get :lol:

post-2584-1176733033.jpg

Thanks for all the comments :yes:

Just got back so will sort the photos out tomorrow.

I didn't pick anything up on both evening stalks :lol: but ended up with 10 deer(8 Roe,1 Muntjac and 1 Fallow) , my mate shot 5 (2 roe, 2 Muntjac, 1 Fallow).

15 deer for 4 stalks aint so bad :good:

Ive the sausages are being made early next week and there will be plenty to go around.

2nd pic is of the 2nd mornings stalk including a Roe that my mate shot the evening before, the Roe buck at the front was shot by me and had an odd set of antlers. The Fallow in the area where these deer were shot do not have very good quality antlers, but this Fallow was a 3 year old

post-2584-1177004162.jpg

Close up of the Roe Buck head

post-2584-1177004013.jpg

Have an absolute cracking roe buck on my shoot, see it often with 2/3 hinds, it has a truly fine set of antlers on it.

Definately a trophy head. :good:

Nice one.

Alex

Well don't go shooting it just for the buzz, leave it to sire future generations then shoot it when it's past it's prime. It's offspring, or one of them at least will fill the gap! Unless of course some rich stalker wants to pay you £1000 for the privilege :good:

:good: I hate to be the one skinning all them :good::good::lol:

Do you get to keep all of what you shoot miffy?

Thanks,

Frank.

Unfortunately i don't get to keep all that i shoot Frank, although if i did get to keep them all i'd need a really big freezer. I just brought the Fallow buck back, the rest go to the game dealer