HMR 1.7 ROUNDS

pete52

My local dealer warned of an upcoming shortage of .17hmr as the suppliers are using them all for practical .22 rounds?

Yup, I'm with fister on that...................what does that mean??? :hmm:

Better be careful too, could cause panic buying and then we'll be in the same position the yanks have been for the last couple of years with their 22LR shortage! But then again, most of us can't walk out of ASDA (WM) with 10,000 rounds in the trolley can we! LOL. :lol:

Peter.

I use the Remington 17gr and tried to buy some this weekend from Sportsman. I was told there are only 2 factories producing .17HMR rounds and that one of them, CCI, were having issues hence they did not have any in, only had a couple of other brands.

What does that mean?

He said that the primers are the same as the .22 's that they use in Practical shooting. I think it's for the swat type .22s?

I dunno maybe he was taking the **** but I was buying 500 anyway and he said I was doing the right thing as there was a shortage of .17 because they're using all the primers keeping up with demand for the .22

Edited by Dannyboy220

He said that the primers are the same as the .22 's that they use in Practical shooting. I think it's for the swat type .22s?

I dunno maybe he was taking the **** but I was buying 500 anyway and he said I was doing the right thing as there was a shortage of .17 because they're using all the primers keeping up with demand for the .22

When you say 'primers', do you mean cases?

Yup, I'm with fister on that...................what does that mean??? :hmm:

Better be careful too, could cause panic buying and then we'll be in the same position the yanks have been for the last couple of years with their 22LR shortage! But then again, most of us can't walk out of ASDA (WM) with 10,000 rounds in the trolley can we! LOL. :lol:

Peter.

You can't in the States mate.

Never see .22lr in Walmart now. Shelves are normally empty.

17HMR are in plentiful supply in States and they now have a semi auto 17HMR which uses an uprated round.