What does this mean?

hatsanmad

Hi guys i have a winchester model 91 single trigger model.

What my question is what does 1200 kg/cm?

The reason i ask is i know the gun has been re-proofed for steel i know this because under were it say winchester model 91 it says winchester steel proof.

The gun is choked 1/4&1/2.

I have tried searching google to find out if its magnum proof.

I know the gun is spanish made and its 70mm 2&3/4 inch chamberd.

Does 1200kg/cm mean 1200 kilopascal per square inch meaning the barrel length times 1200 or is 1200kg/cm roughly meaning 1200 bar service pressure?

Any help advice is much appreciated.

Regards hatsan

Its the service pressure .

Are you sure it does not say winchester proof steel rather than winchester steel proof ?

A number of their guns are stamped winchester proof steel , this refers to what the barrels are made of rather than the fact they are rated for steel shot use , the guns predate the use of steel shot.

The term `Winchester Proof Steel` is refering to the steel used to construct the barrels and is nothing to do with firing steel shot. My old 101 Sporter purchased in the early 70s had exactly the same stamped on the barrel long before steel shot became the norm for wildfowling and shooting over SSSIs. You can use standard steel loads through it, but unless it bears the Fluer de lys superior steel proof mark you shouldnt be using the High Performance (HP) steel loads.

Edited by JJsDad