GAMEBORE SUPER STEEL CLAY TARGET AMMO.

Any idea what powder Gamebore uses or used in these cartridges, they are the 1 oz version not the 7/8ths if that makes a difference. They are in 7s , was thinking of striping them for the powder but no idea what it is, there is 25 grains of it in them, and i can post a picture.

All ways a bit cautious about unidentified powders as cartridge firms can chop and change powdwers at the drop of a hat, but these were around a long time and i guess they were fairly uniform in components and powder. One thing i do know is the clay 1 oz loads use a different looking powder to the as of last year super steel 4s in 32 gram. ANY IDEAS PLEASE.

Why would you want to strip the cartridges down for a bit of powder?

Well the powder in them gives very similar pressures and performance/ patterns to a very old nobel powder in a load i am sadly just about out of now, and allthough the old powder is not imposible to find just yet, its getting that way and certainly no longer practical.

So i have a flat and a half of these things aquired by a friend when lead shot up in price a wile ago for clays, and they came my way very cheap so no love lost here, and stripping them seems an idea as i get the powder, and a few wads i use and i was going to duplex a small ammount of shot (the 7s) with mostly 4s or 3s for duck to eventualy use up the steel that way. I have no use for straight 7s , and as it is they will just sit there forever like they are doing right now.

Maybe I'm just being a scaredy-cat, but isn't one of the fundamental rules of reloading that you don't use powders you can't positively identify - i.e. by taking it out of the can?

I've no idea whether the above is PSB3 or not, but I'd say any powder that looked like that ought to be burned off or otherwise destroyed, not used.

If he has a pressure barrel to work the loads up, where is the danger? It's no different to experimenting with known powder weights and pressures. You can easily drop too much powder when trying to up a load and go way over pressure even with known powder.

If the OP uses the same weight of shot and wads and uses the powder I can't see how he can go too far wrong.

If he has a pressure barrel to work the loads up, where is the danger? It's no different to experimenting with known powder weights and pressures. You can easily drop too much powder when trying to up a load and go way over pressure even with known powder.

If the OP uses the same weight of shot and wads and uses the powder I can't see how he can go too far wrong.

Exactly i allready know how this powder performs right down to its being very similar in pressure and performance to an old nobel powder i have used quite regularly for the past 3 decades or more. I have several loads that work and have no qualms about shooting them in complete safetey, all i wanted to know is.. ANYONE KNOW WHAT POWDER THEY USED IN THESE CARTRIDGES ? The reason so i can try and buy some more of the same, I do think it was most probably by UEE but guess i will never know.