As if we haven't suffered enough.....

Scully

In my limited experience she is actually alright, and come across as a genuinely nice person. I'd say she's my favourite 'Royal' and far, far better than some of the others.

I will say I have very little time for the royals.I would hope that if the Queen should go before him that he would for at least once do the decent thing in his life and step aside in favour of his son.However with the high moral standards that both of them have displayed in the past I doubt it.as you say nice genuine people.;)

Edited by bostonmick

Ha! I think they closed the roads lest us plebs got near him. Only jesting; I don't mind the royals actually (though I think Jim could do with a good wash) it was just a mite frustrating as I've been waiting for tyres for a week and had just received a text from supplier to say they'd landed...and I couldn't get cos they'd closed the bleeding' roads!

It wasn't for long and all sorted now. :)

...as if the townsfolk hadn't suffered enough; the old air raid siren the town employs as an imminent flood warning has just been heard which means that the river is coming over again. Many of the shops on the river bank had just been restocked and reopened less than a week ago and it now looks as if they're being swamped again.

It doesn't effect me but it must be soul destroying for residences and businesses in the town centre.

It has barely stopped raining since the end of October and the land just can't take anymore so water levels soon rise. What an awful situation to be in.

It is a desperate situation for so many and so difficult to successfully make enough changes to prevent re-occurrence.

The level of rainfall this autumn and winter has been exceptional in places.

I have seen quite a few satellite images and weather forecast models that show the 'atmospheric river' which is a tongue of saturated air that stretches in a straight line from south Florida to Southwest Scotland and Northwest England.

Even if there was some sort of Machiavellian weather god they could not have concocted a more menacing scenario towards those parts of the country than what we have seen.

Thoughts are with you guys up there, it's easy to say from down here in Essex where we haven't had any troubles at all - but I genuinely hope that the families that have been disrupted can get something sorted out soon.

+1

Floods and fires are so much more devastating than the initial damage they cause, I can't imagine what those affected must be going through just before Christmas.

I really feel for those up north, suffering the floods. Down this part of the country we had floods a while ago but they were caused by the council not clearing out the culverts in the storm drains. Very localised flooding though but what a mess. Usual passing the buck went on with one lot saying it's the others job to clear the culverts and so on. Meanwhile they continue to build homes without anything done to the infrastructure. Utter madness and brown envelopes in pockets jobby I suspect. The councillors passing schemes as they don't live in the affected area. Typical!