That was intelligent

red_stag88

Today I was shooting claypigeons at a club with the school. One of the stands was a going away and then a L---->R crosser.

I smoke the going away and remount to hit the crosser when suddely out of nowhere, comes a harrier type thing, teararseing across the sky, right infront of me, at a hight of less thena 50yds. If was stupid enough to shoot at the crosser I could of damn near hit the thing!

Thats military intelligence, "lets fly very low over that there shooting ground" <_<

Was probably not as close as you thought.

Minimum peacetime altitude is around 150 ft [60m] (although this is normally set at 200ft but often gets broken).

You're probably talking about the squadrons at Wittering - call and ask to speak to OC Flying - query the shooting ground and flight path and give him the time and date of the fly past.

I doubt you'll bring one down but saying that it make great training for a real war!

Was probably not as close as you thought.

Minimum peacetime altitude is around 150 ft [60m] (although this is normally set at 200ft but often gets broken).

You're probably talking about the squadrons at Wittering - call and ask to speak to OC Flying - query the shooting ground and flight path and give him the time and date of the fly past.

I doubt you'll bring one down but saying that it make great training for a real war!

Probably wasnt but it was much lower than 200ft, probably about 3 stories high. It was close enough that the noise came from the engine, not 20 or 30ft behind. Still enough to scare the **** out of me.

Red, if you were shooting in the Rugby area they were more likely to have been Tornados or Jaguars as i often see them when out that way but never seen a Harrier.

Next time think twice about pointing your gun at them because if the pilot took offence he might slip a couple of Sidewinder missiles your way and then you would see some clays dusted. <_<

<_<

Hehehehe.

I was just thinking about what sort of dog you'd need to retrieve that downed "bird". I can just see a springer pulling it along by one wing....

Wookie

<_<<_<

I dont know my planes very well ern, it had one engin, two wings, and a pointy thing on the front. Do you often find your self attracting alot of unwanted attention from the greek police ern?

The question is, what sort of decoys would you need to use to attract them?

I have a suspiscion that they'd cost just a tad more than the shell ones I have in the back of the car.

Wookie

(who's going out after pigeons tomorrow, hopefully without a hangover)