Quick hour in the wind

Tedly47

Well guys on Monday I had to pop to work in the morning to see the boss, I was only expecting to be there for a couple of hours so I sneaked my gun out of the house while Mrs Tedly was sorting the children out as I had planned to be sneaky and not tell her I was going shooting!

I knew I had a nearly full box of carts in my jacket so I grabbed it and my wellies on the way out and the good lady was none the wiser.......

The weather in the morning up here in North Wales was horrendous it was blowing a gale and peeing down however by midday it had nearly stopped raining, I was itching to get out but sorting some things out with the boss took longer than expected so I didn't leave until 13:45hrs, by this time it was still blowing a gale but the sun was shining.

Got to the perm and decided to go back to the same place I was the other day, it's a little wooded area that looks out onto a large field which has kale growing in it, as I walked over the field I must of put up 50 to 80 pigeons so I thought this might be a good sign...

Here's a pic of the wood

I was standing right in the middle with the sun behind my and the wind also blowing from behind, perfect I thought...

Well for the next hour I had some fantastic shooting with very testing shots due to the wind, I can honestly say that this was the best I've shot for a long time, in just over an hour I had 11 pigeons and a squirrel for 16 shots, that might not sound that good however with the wind gusting like it was I was more than happy with the cart/bird count...

I finished with just one cart left which I thought I would save for the walk back to the car...post-66769-0-47966200-1450886385_thumb.jpegpost-66769-0-47966200-1450886385_thumb.jpeg

Only 9 in the pic as I picked the other two up on the way back to the car......

Got home and Mrs Tedly didn't have a clue what I'd been up to.... Happy days

Tedly.

Ps, just to make you all laugh at me, I had my works Christmas do last night in Chester in which I get a train from Chester to Rhyl and then a taxi home.... Well not last night as I fell asleep on the train and woke up in Holyhead at 0230hrs! It's also 60 miles past my house.... Now I'm not going to lie to you all I had partaken in a few alcoholic beverages however I was knackered as my son was up most of the night before.... Anyway I had a very cold wait in Holyhead train station until 0515 this morning when I could get a train back, even the train guard took pity on me and didn't charge me the return fare.. Mrs Tedly opened the back door to me at 7am and just stood there laughing.... Thank god I've got an understanding wife.........

Merry Christmas to you all..........

post-66769-0-72388600-1450887227_thumb.jpeg