Wind Affect on your pattern

Has anyone ever see or done any testing on how wind affects shot strings.I ask as i shot a month ago in almost hurricane condition at birds 45/50 yards up and noticed the wad(plastic) as you would expect, go in all directions just wondered how much the wind changed shot strings on cross winds,head on etc.

I was shooting the other week in gale force winds, my mate and me kept missing a clay that stalled in the wind just hanging there that other times just needed shooting at. This day it got the better of me so I kept moving the barrels further into the wind to the point I was a meter past the clay into the wind to break the clay. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I don't think id have believed it.

In slower breezes I don't think it makes much if any difference but this day you could barely stand up with out being blown around.

Birds drift a lot also likely as not more than the shot

I think it's an experience thing shooting birds in flight in high winds and perhaps thinking about drift of the shot is just another thing you shouldn't have in your mind.

As we know you shouldn't think when shotgunning just do once you commit to taking the shot

Rifle is a very different process