Singled out III !

Underdog

Could not help it!

When I got the AYA there was a Baikal also there, tidy and the flaming thing fitted!

So this morning I was keen to try it and I forced myself out of that warm bed to go check for fox racks and try at a crow.

It was a shock to the system this cold spell and for Jess.

DSC09045_zps8x5z1on3.jpg

I only got the one shot but it was good.

A jack daw on the wind, fast. I used a home loaded shell and down it come stone dead, about a thirty yard shot.

Good ole Nobels 80, I just set a shot dipper to 1oz and scooped the powder into a case, hard card, a fibre wad and shot. It's not rocket science is it!

DSC09049_zpsflza7yhn.jpg

This Baikal is good but very very tight, .710" is stamped on it and choke measures around .680"

U.

You didn't say whether the Jack was left to right or right to left this time. I mis read this post also and thought that you had put an ounce of 80 in there rather than an ounce of shot. :lol: Jeez those Baikals are built like tank barrels but I think that would have tested it out somewhat 1 oz of 80 is about the same as 437 grns rather than about 26 if memory is there.

Edited by fortune

I have 3 uncles that shoot and all of them started with a single baikal, the same single baikal. They all said it was as tight as a tight thing and it could kill. One of them crept up on geese once and fired as they lifted and 5 fell, a great result for a young fellow suffering from a serious dose of goose fever.

You didn't say whether the Jack was left to right or right to left this time. I mis read this post also and thought that you had put an ounce of 80 in there rather than an ounce of shot. :lol: Jeez those Baikals are built like tank barrels but I think that would have tested it out somewhat 1 oz of 80 is about the same as 437 grns rather than about 26 if memory is there.

Lol, you need to read slower bud 😉

The jack was traveling from my right to my left approx 40mph approx 30+yards 😉

I have 3 uncles that shoot and all of them started with a single baikal, the same single baikal. They all said it was as tight as a tight thing and it could kill. One of them crept up on geese once and fired as they lifted and 5 fell, a great result for a young fellow suffering from a serious dose of goose fever.

I wonder how much the tight bore adds to recoil!

When I saw your pictures it rang a bell in the grey stuff and I realized that I have one of those in the back of the rack, only in 20 bore. I was given it some time ago when someone packed it in along with an old hammer gun which I gave away. Like lots of things Afterwards I thought that I should have kept the hammer gun but it went. The spur lever on the back of the trigger guard rang the bell. Anyway I went and dragged it out. It is a model m 18. It is chambered 2-3/4 M & 3" MAG @ 4 tons. It is in like new condition but a bit basic and clonky when the action is closed. You've almost got to hold the spur lever open a bit to allow the lump to override the latch bar. The barrel is stamped 615 I think. I don't know off hand what choke that is. This little gun came up quite well and might find a home as a duck flight gun around the flight pond with non- tox in it. I had kind of forgotten it and didn't realize that it was 3" magnum proofed. Also A lady that I know might find it useful as she shoots a browning 12 on pheasant but finds it difficult on the duck because of a neck injury she has had from falling off of her horse. we will have to take it out a give it a go on a few clays. She is a blooming good shot and usually beats a lot of the blokes which puts some in their place. Roll on the longer days and a bit of warmth and sunshine so that we are not plodding about up to the axles in mud.