feral pigeons on a magnet??

Lefty gunz

Went out tonight for an hour to see if i could get a couple of pigeon for the magnet on saturday. All i managed was 2 crows and a bl$%^y feral pigeon :good:

Is it worth putting a feral on a magnet or shall i just bung it over the hedge??

I would have thought that any pigeon feeding or appearing to have discovered a good place to eat will bring in others, after all they do mix when feeding, try it and let us know so we dont waste our time as well :D

B) D2D

Problem will be no white on the ferals as it's that the birds are attracted to. As Paul says you might bag a load of other ferals (personally I wouldn't bother) but be careful. Ringed ferals are on the protected list (though how the hell you're supposed to see that when they're coming in is beyond me) and you'd better know the difference between a feral and a stock dove, in my experience not many do!

Problem will be no white on the ferals as it's that the birds are attracted to. As Paul says you might bag a load of other ferals (personally I wouldn't bother) but be careful. Ringed ferals are on the protected list (though how the hell you're supposed to see that when they're coming in is beyond me) and you'd better know the difference between a feral and a stock dove, in my experience not many do!

In my opinion ferals can be a real nuisane and should be readily shot........I have raced pigeons for years, and would mention that ordinarily you wouldn't easily draw racers into deeks on a training flight or race...........unless they were really **** birds and not in form.....

Usually the odd one to two you find hanging about with the yackers are young birds that are lost, and have turned ferals themselves.......in this case they are worthless to the owner anyway......and are no better than a feral pigeon.................... occasionally mistaken identiy can occur

Any pigeon of mine that dropped out of a race or training toss....to check out some buddies in a field and came back when it wanted would probalby end up in the bin. :yes:

Right, so its a feral pigeon on one side and a crow with one wing on the other :yes:

We are looking forward to the outcome tomorrow, keep us posted ;)

:lol: D2D

Lefty must still be sitting out in the fields watching the Crow and the Feral go round and round.......and round

Someone had better go bring him in :lol::lol:

:lol: D2D