Bought myself a .38/.357 Gallery gun today.

Grenman

Hi all, not done much shooting of late and not been on the forum much but this will change. My variation came in on Tuesday and so today bought myself a 38/357 gallery gun.

Tried it out in one of my fields a while ago and the .357 magnum rounds certainly pack a whallop. Bunnies beware!!

Andy

DSCN4610_zpsyjzv15v2.jpg

Edited by Grenman

Damned good shoot last night in Looe, put about 70 rounds through it and it performed admirably. I gather its based on the 1892 Winchester and i will be using this a lot around my place as well as on the range. Cracking little gun ive been waiting for over 3 months as it took that long to get my variation through. Now to start thinking about my next gun!!

Andy

Great looking rifle! :good:

I had a Rossi 38/357 for a while, and it was great fun to shoot. If you use a 357 on bunnies, though, they might come out looking like pulled Thumper. :lol:

Cheers bud, did get one yesterday afternoon. Not a lot left ime afraid. Noisy gun though but ime inundated with thumpers so i wont have to wait long for more.

Andy

Great looking gun, must be a lot of fun to shot. What range do you go to?

Its a cracking gun bud, they let me shoot it here on my property and at the range. Ime a member of the Looe Rifle and Pistol Club. A great bunch of people. Are you close?

Andy

You are more than welcome to come see us but if you want to shoot on the first time you come, we will just need your name and address so that we can advise the Police. If you want to pm me with that info, ile tell the relevant people or i can give you their contact details. If you use the range on a regular basis then you will be asked to join.

Andy

Aaaaah, the Rossi 065 if I'm not mistaken- have exactly the same one in the Cab.

Mines a bit tarted with a Picitinny rail I purchased direct from the states and a red-dot sight.

One thing I did find is using .38spl then pointier the better for feed issues, yet no real probs when using .357mags.

( might have the throat ground abit to aid feeding

Have fun, lovely things to play around with :-)

Aaaaah, the Rossi 065 if I'm not mistaken- have exactly the same one in the Cab.

Mines a bit tarted with a Picitinny rail I purchased direct from the states and a red-dot sight.

One thing I did find is using .38spl then pointier the better for feed issues, yet no real probs when using .357mags.

( might have the throat ground abit to aid feeding

Have fun, lovely things to play around with :-)

Does the red dot sight work well, i would be interested in seeing this and how its fitted? I saw a similar looking rifle in a film recently with a set of telescopic sights fitted. Did look a bit silly though.

And, ime already having great fun with it, much more so than my .22 rifle!! As firearms go, ive wanted this for ages and am now feeling quite fullfilled at the moment untill the next urge comes on.

Andy

I think its great, especially with the .357 round. Makes me want to wander around my property looking for bunnies rather than with the .22. Beastie gun.

Next treat will be a black powder .44 revolver and a muzzle load shotgun. Joy of moving to Cornwall, couldnt have even thought of having this lot in Sussex as i had a footpath running through my land.

Andy