Knife sharpening

kyska

A flat set of stones will do it all but you need to invest some time learn and get it right.... then it is quick.

A big advantage of bench and whet stones over machines is you can vary your angles to suit the application/knife/steel etc and this becomes useful if you use scandi-grinds

Edited by malkiserow

what the big ole desktop sharpener? It does look good but where would I put it? I've sort of filled all the spare kitchen cupboard space with reloading equipment, case tumblers, brew kit and other 'man stuff' - my wife doesn't really go there much anyway, accept to make a cup of tea or cook Sunday lunch :lol:

I had a Wusthof steel for my 40th a few years back and I don't rate it at all.

I want that machine.

Exactly.

So, that Spiderco system is about £70, that diamond steel was about £60, that other sharpening system you tried was another......

And before you know it you are already half way to the baby D ICKE DUO being the RS-75 (the single set of wheels)

Incidentally, the cheapest place to buy them is Germany and I got my one when the Euro was 1.40 to the pound.

Sit tight, wait for Greece to default, the Euro to tank and grab yourself the Daddy of all knife sharpeners.

Edited by Mungler

Exactly.

So, that Spiderco system is about £70, that diamond steel was about £60, that other sharpening system you tried was another......

And before you know it you are already half way to the baby D ICKE DUO being the RS-75 (the single set of wheels)

Incidentally, the cheapest place to buy them is Germany and I got my one when the Euro was 1.40 to the pound.

Sit tight, wait for Greece to default, the Euro to tank and grab yourself the Daddy of all knife sharpeners.

Good plan :good:

Sound like a plan if you want a quickie sharpener to a good standard - this needs much wonga ..... and unknown time for Greece to crash and burn

OR

Get an even better result - learn a new and satisfying skill/hobby of sharpening and honing with some simple stones/leather/paste. - this needs much time to learn, initially

Sound like a plan if you want a quickie sharpener to a good standard - this needs much wonga ..... and unknown time for Greece to crash and burn

OR

Get an even better result - learn a new and satisfying skill/hobby of sharpening and honing with some simple stones/leather/paste. - this needs much time to learn, initially

Hmmmm.

post-20252-0-18303800-1461144261_thumb.gif