where to eat in Filton Bristol?

Salop Matt

What's your budget and what type of food are you looking for ? I've been over here as a student two years now and been plenty of places.

The fox den on the business park is indeed very good for pub meals, I had a fantastic fillet steak there one time.

There's some great places in town, head on down :)

£22.50 is the budget set by work.

Will check out the Fox's Den as it seems popular.

Cheers guys.

If you want to bump it up yourself then there are some excellent steak houses further into the city,

The Cowshed, Cau and Steak of the Art (on the newish harbour area) are all nice although a bit expensive.

Not far from the fox den , if you go into winterbourne there is a pub called the golden heart which was excellent both times I went for Sunday lunch, although a little slow (but the food made up for it), plus one time they apologised for being slow and gave us free deserts lol

Maniks is a good Indian but they don't rush

Each to his own but I wouldn't revisit this place. My Massaman Curry was a sub standard watery curry with a few potatoes and a friends chicken satay as a main course was a collection of those ready made chicken bits on sticks you get in supermarkets with a small pot of satay dip straight from an off the shelf jar.

Importantly, Tripadvisor currently carries a banner headline in red that it has grounds to investigate that individuals or entities associated with this restaurant may themselves or have a hired a third party to write positive reviews about this restaurant. No smoke without fire as they say.

Unfortunately there is not much on offer in the filton area. If you drive in to Bristol,about 3 miles down the A38 from the filton roundabout,there is choice of restaurants and pubs on the Gloucester Road strip down to The Arches (Cheltenham Road Bridge). If you do not wish to drink and drive then there is a bus route (75 & 76 I think) which covers this short run.

Each to his own but I wouldn't revisit this place. My Massaman Curry was a sub standard watery curry with a few potatoes and a friends chicken satay as a main course was a collection of those ready made chicken bits on sticks you get in supermarkets with a small pot of satay dip straight from an off the shelf jar.

Importantly, Tripadvisor currently carries a banner headline in red that it has grounds to investigate that individuals or entities associated with this restaurant may themselves or have a hired a third party to write positive reviews about this restaurant. No smoke without fire as they say.

Unfortunately there is not much on offer in the filton area. If you drive in to Bristol,about 3 miles down the A38 from the filton roundabout,there is choice of restaurants and pubs on the Gloucester Road strip down to The Arches (Cheltenham Road Bridge). If you do not wish to drink and drive then there is a bus route (75 & 76 I think) which covers this short run.

we eat there a lot it's about 400 metres from my door never had a problem with the food or service

I only shoot clays my youngest son is training to be a gamekeeper so he does a bit of beating and the odd beaters day

I usually go to the valley or Mendip shooting ground it's a bit of a trek but it's a nice shoot

Don't know the valley but popped down to mendip with my girlfriend for a go on the clays :)

Recently been working with a bloke who's got a bit of land down the south part so hoping I can get my gun cabinet over here next year and pick up some land to shoot ontop of his :)

Im just south of bristol. There are loads of great places to eat in town, whiteladies road has cow shed, bankok house (thai) and a few other good places. In town you have a good selection for food and drink. Mud dock, river station, severn shed, glassboat, loch fyne, aqua.. You have alot of choice...

Lloyd90/johnny im out near blagdon vallry gun club and mendip, also shipham has a clay ground.