Fishing Tackle

il cacciatore

Went fishing today and enjoyed it so much I'm going to take it up.

Though I don't have any kit. Anyone recommend somewhere online to get the kit from?

Thanks ???

Hi if you just want to get hold of some basic kit to start with then Lidle take some beating, excellent lures.

??? D2D

If you were doing course fishing I would recommend one of the many cheap starter kits that most fishing shops sell. That way if you fall out of it in a few months you haven't lost £100's like a lot of my friends have.

Personally I would stay away from these, they are often cheap rubbish which won't catch you a thing.

Figure out of what fishing you like, river, lake, sea, ledgering, float, pole, etc and buy some half decent gear for that disipline.

I had everything for all types of fishing, then had it all nicked...which was probably a good thing in hindsight as it allowed me to get the insurance money for all of it (over £1k - it's amazing what you collect!!) then bought the gear I that I wanted for the type of fishing I most liked....river fishing. So I spent ~£150 and have everything I need and it's all half decent gear that's lasted me the last 12 years.

Now I know that £150 went a lot further back then, but conversely prices have dropped rapidly, and I reckon you can get a similar set up for similar money these days.

Not too far from you is John Norris in Penrith - very helpful for fly fishing (which I reckon you'll be up to being up there in Scotland) - also online - http://johnnorris.co.uk/system/shopassistant.htm

If your ever down in Cheshire check out Stapeley Water Gardens MASSIVE angling centre (all types of fishing) - http://www.stapeleywg.com/angling.asp?style=angling

Good luck and tight lines mate, ???

Oly.

Think most of the fishing I'll do will be loch. Father has a decent beach caster so sorted for that. I'll try those links. Cheers!

I take it by the word Beach Caster the Loch is sea water and tidal?

Reason i ask is your gonna look mighty silly fishing for Trout or Pike with a beach caster :good:

I have gear for Coarse - Dead baiting - Trolling - sea - Boat and will be listing some soon in the sales section as i need to sell up.

I already listed my Dead baiting rods and pod etc for Pike.

LG

If I were you look no further than http://www.fishingmegastore.com/ .I have had Game ,coarse and sea fishing gear off them.My only beef with them is they only offered £20 trade in for a Hardy reel.Dont let that put you off though.I think Daiwa are hard to beat for most applications.Its in Glasgow too.Ron Thompson at budget end ok.Okuma reels good starter reels.Use em myself mate.