Miroku fixed choke barrels

jking

Hi,

I've been trying to work out what restriction my barrels are choked to. I have a 1996 Miroku MK38. I've seen a few posts on forums but none quite match the markings on my barrels as the bottom barrel marking includes text rather than just stars and dashes. Can anyone help identify what my barrels are choked to?

I've tried uploading a picture but it won't work, so my top barrel is marked "*", and my bottom barrel is marked "* - PLUS"

Cheers

Edited by jking

3/4 and full. Plus is invector plus barrel. (Slightly over bored)

Mk38 was originally a trap gun so, that would be standard choking. Browning choke stamps are not the easiest to decipher and don't follow the same logic as other makers.

Thanks very much guys!

I'm a bit disappointed as the dealer I bought the gun from listed it as choked 1/2 and 1/4. I'm using the gun for sporting clays (the higher comb suits me better) so it's not how I would have set the gun up choked wise

It might very well have been altered - quite common. Only way to check is for a gunsmith or someone with a proper bore gauge to check it - not one of the daft drop in the end of your barrel type. Cheap enough to alter if it is heavily chokes, as the choke area is not chrome lined - from memory.

Guest stevo

i use a mk 38 fixed choke trapgun ( 3/4 bottom and full top ) for sporting and pigeon shooting , just forget what the chokes are , a change of shells can have just as much impact as changing chokes ,

i love mine and would not change a thing ,

as said pattern the thing and see how it does on pellet count at given range , if you find it too tight try using your fav shells but in fibre ( its like opening up one size in choke )

stevo

Edited by stevo