Bomb disposal unit for this?

just to save you the time on reading the full post -i'll summarise this and every post concerning armed police.

armed police will always turn out en masse for the smallest potential threat.

they will always bring more cops and firepower than required.

my mate says the feo doesnt agree with pheasant shooting

the cops renewing my certificate didnt know what a pinfire round was.

this wouldnt happen in northern ireland.

armed cops safety is rubbish because ......

they dont shoot past 50m.

they shoot the wrong guy.

can i be an armed first responder in the event of a terrorist attack.

i've never worn a uniform but speaking as an expert....

armed cops turned when pigeon shooting and they were polite...

as its a quiet evening please feel to chuck in your tuppence worth.

f.

I know how many police have being killed in Northern Ireland i live there. I left out Northern Ireland because my point was about unarmed police in England if it was up to me they would all be armed in the UK.

How many armed police have even being shot at i would say very few, again i would say more unarmed officers have being shot at and killed in mainland UK.

That would depend on what the incidents are, from what i see a 5 year old with a water pistol is enough for a armed responce in England. Or walking over the fields shooting rabbits etc.

Again its easy being an armchair hero, I think you'd be surprised at how many have been in life threatening situations, remember there must be an IMMINENT THREAT TO LIFE for them to justify shooting someone, otherwise they'd be prosecuted, again it shows their professionalisum that more haven't been shot.

just to save you the time on reading the full post -i'll summarise this and every post concerning armed police.

my mate says the feo doesnt agree with pheasant shooting

the cops renewing my certificate didnt know what a pinfire round was.

this wouldnt happen in northern ireland.

armed cops safety is rubbish because ......

they dont shoot past 50m.

they shoot the wrong guy.

can i be an armed first responder in the event of a terrorist attack.

i've never worn a uniform but speaking as an expert....

armed cops turned when pigeon shooting and they were polite...

as its a quiet evening please feel to chuck in your tuppence worth.

f.

I agree with some of your post but some is plain wrong, armed police do shoot past 50m, how far depends on their role I.e riflemen, not to mention you'd have a hard time justifying dropping someone at a mile with a .50cal.

Pheasant shooting, everyones allowed an opinion however I agree I don't think someone who opposes a sport should be handing out liscenced.

Pin fire is quite a old rare round and I'm not surprised they hadn't herd of it, if you mean rim fire I am surprised if it was a AFO, not that it would effect the role that much, armed policing is 99% tactics shooting is a much smaller part of it.

With all due respect I doubt you have the necessary skill to deal with an armed incident unless you've had some very specific training.

Again its easy being an armchair hero, I think you'd be surprised at how many have been in life threatening situations, remember there must be an IMMINENT THREAT TO LIFE for them to justify shooting someone, otherwise they'd be prosecuted, again it shows their professionalisum that more haven't been shot.

presumably why officers have been tried to the same rigourous standard as murder suspects.....yet none found guilty.

one could blame collusion, the masons, old boys schools or perhaps they were tried and tested by our judicial system and cleared.

(by masonic judges and juries from old boy schools,on the take, being paid off by drug dealing cops.

f.

I agree with some of your post but some is plain wrong, armed police do shoot past 50m, how far depends on their role I.e riflemen, not to mention you'd have a hard time justifying dropping someone at a mile with a .50cal.

Pheasant shooting, everyones allowed an opinion however I agree I don't think someone who opposes a sport should be handing out liscenced.

Pin fire is quite a old rare round and I'm not surprised they hadn't herd of it, if you mean rim fire I am surprised if it was a AFO, not that it would effect the role that much, armed policing is 99% tactics shooting is a much smaller part of it.

With all due respect I doubt you have the necessary skill to deal with an armed incident unless you've had some very specific training.

you, my friend, cant see the wood for trees on this one.

f.

Do you know how have been in life threatening situations, where shots were actually fired at armed police in lets say the last 30 years. ?

You would be lucky if two officers turned up here if someone reported hearing shoots in the country, as long as it was not in known dangerous area.

Edited by ordnance

presumably why officers have been tried to the same rigourous standard as murder suspects.....yet none found guilty.

one could blame collusion, the masons, old boys schools or perhaps they were tried and tested by our judicial system and cleared.

(by masonic judges and juries from old boy schools,on the take, being paid off by drug dealing cops.

Bang on, I was going to include some of that exact wording but couldn't be bothered to tap it out on my phone.

f.

12 guage

too true.its late to ploughing on old ground.no offence taken at your last post.thick skin and all that.

i suspect i'm firmly on your side of this discussion.....join the dots from my last post....

sorry folks,early start so off to bed.

f.

Another bash at the police, I wonder if you would be prepared to head towards a terrorist attack putting yourself in harm's way like the brave officers in armed response would.

Hmmm. What has the antique gun collection of a deceased elderly man got to do with a terrorist attack? Come to that, when have the British police ever been required to handle a terrorist attack?

The unarmed officer who confronts a knife wielding druggie in a crowded shopping mall is the one I tip my hat to. As I said; Whatever happened to the Bobby on a bicycle?

Helicopters, Armed Response and para military gear impress the easily outraged media like the Mail and are spot on for cheap TV shows but it's almost always unnecessary overkill.

Hmmm. What has the antique gun collection of a deceased elderly man got to do with a terrorist attack? Come to that, when have the British police ever been required to handle a terrorist attack?

The unarmed officer who confronts a knife wielding druggie in a crowded shopping mall is the one I tip my hat to. As I said; Whatever happened to the Bobby on a bicycle?

Helicopters, Armed Response and para military gear impress the easily outraged media like the Mail and are spot on for cheap TV shows but it's almost always unnecessary overkill.

I was making a point since you started bashing them of the dangers they're prepared to face and the criticism they get from both sides no matter what they do, as for handling terrorist a I suggest you do some research as they've handled plenty.

The bobby on the bicycle is going to end up dead if they turn up to a firearms incident aren't they.

Like I said armchair judge, if you think you can do better why not apply and make a difference in the world instead of passing judgement on matters you clearly know nothing about.

as for handling terrorist a I suggest you do some research as they've handled plenty.

Care to give even 2 or 3 examples...

I'm not bashing the police in the form of the ordinary officers, they operate under instructions from above, but I suggest you do a bit of research into the very secretive Police Chiefs Council (formerly the ACPO) to find out what they actually do and how they operate. Then see if you can work out how successive governments allowed democracy to be hijacked in the name of protecting the public.

Care to give even 2 or 3 examples...

I'm not bashing the police in the form of the ordinary officers, they operate under instructions from above, but I suggest you do a bit of research into the very secretive Police Chiefs Council (formerly the ACPO) to find out what they actually do and how they operate. Then see if you can work out how successive governments allowed democracy to be hijacked in the name of protecting the public.

How about Lee rigby and guy they tazered on the London underground as for ordinary officers, what do you think firearms officers are? They were 'ordenary' officers at one point or is it that they all transform into something else when they get there firearms authority Edited by 12gauge82