V50 regeneration filter

bullet1747

Hi

Has any one had owt to do with soot filter being full on the above , tried the manual way of running the regeneration method , but the light doesn't go out son has just bought the car ( yesterday ) from a garage was going to ring them tomoz but just wanted to know if any one has had or seen it first hand

I had the DPF replaced on my v50 at just under 80k. It went back to the garage I got it from and in end they ended up taking it into Volvo and they tried to run to force the regen from the computer but still didn't clear it.

I had the engine management light on and was in limp mode and wouldn't come out of it

In end they said the DPF was shot and needed replacing. Think it came to around 400 fitted which I was suprised at for a Volvo dealer. From reading the net I was expecting a bill of around 1k.

Mine is a 2009 1.6D

If he's just bought the car, then send it straight back there. Under Consumer Rights Act he has the right in law to reject the car for a full refund within 28 days of purchase if faulty.

He can choose to allow them to try to fix it, but if they're willing to send it out like that then are they going to fix it properly, or bodge it ...

If he's just bought the car, then send it straight back there. Under Consumer Rights Act he has the right in law to reject the car for a full refund within 28 days of purchase if faulty.

He can choose to allow them to try to fix it, but if they're willing to send it out like that then are they going to fix it properly, or bodge it ...

I agree with the last bit. Take it back! I've currently got an issue with a customer who bought a jeep with approx 20 mot failures I found in half an hour. The trade seller out a dodgy ticket on it

Had a garage look it over , broken spring and the regeneration filter , warranty refused to pay for spring and only 100 quid to the filter lad was gutted so I rang passed from piller to post three days later got the warranty people told them a few choice words and the car had broken down with in the first two mile , they had sold me (had to tell them I was my son ) a un safe car gave them a 30 mins to sort it all out or the car was going back full refund and compo all taped conservation , would ya credit it 25 mins and got email all approved lad picked it up today he well happy

• 2 weeks later...

I had mine taken out on the V50 as it saved a lot of hassle, there are 2 types installed on the V50 one that uses an additive one doesn't. Depending on the millage the tank may need to be filled which is a pain to do as its located on top of the rear axle. If you google it you will get a picture and be able to see if you have a tank or not fitted.

• 3 weeks later...