buying reloading equipment

Hello. I am trying to find a shop that actually has in stock dies and case preparing items for .338 lapua mag and .300 win mag. I have tried Henry Kranks,purchased .223 items from them, so thought I would try them but even though they say yes on their web site come to ordering them out of stock flashes up. I phoned them only to be told they are not bothering with the larger calibres anymore. Tried a couple of other traders but same old story when it comes to order said items on their web site. I prefer Lee equipment as I use them for my .223. Any ideas please. Thanks. Darran.

Anything out of the ordinary, get online & buy from European dealers - no ITAR (as with US orders) so you can add brass & bullets to the order too.

My recent experiences of the suppliers in the OPs post have been extremely negative/bordering on the ridiculous.

Not wanting to be contrary but...

I would rather give up relaoding than use Hornady Dies!

Speak to Spud

www.spud1967.com

if he doesnt have he will get it

I ordered of spud, for 338, modified case he made, thread never fit, loading tray for 338 didn't take 338 and Saturn funnel took about 8 weeks.

I use Wilson Dies , But for full length Dies in my 7mm STW i just ordered them from Midway i just got a RCBS die set does full length sizing what i want.

I dont know if they do 338 lapua but 7mm STW is not a common round and i am guessing there are fewer 7MM STWs than 338 Lapuas in the world today.

Always give Tim Hanom a ring they some times have stuff i have needed in the past, i have never dealt with kranks rang them the other day about several powders they listed on the site, but they had non of them.

Edited by TONY R

Hi Larro

I've found Hannam's to be helpful, Reloading solutions are my main go-to and very well stocked but you need to call them to see what they've got in. U

Can I put in a plug for the Forster Ultra Micrometer seating die - 'tis a lovely thing.

Edited by LeadWasp

Hi Larro

I've found Hannam's to be helpful, Reloading solutions are my main go-to and very well stocked but you need to call them to see what they've got in. U

Can I put in a plug for the Forster Ultra Micrometer seating die - 'tis a lovely thing.

As did I in the past - not any longer!

Ordered some items from them, but missed the post that day & if they were sent Friday they'd charge £18 as Saturday delivery is at an extra fee.

Told them to send the following week instead.

Expected delivery day came & went....so phoned them again. More waffle & indecision I have yet to hear !!

Had they sent it? "Er, no...er, hang on..."

Are you sending it today? "Er, no...er, hang on..."

Are you sending it this week? "Er, maybe...er, hang on..."

Result? I cancelled the order as my customer was left VERY annoyed that Hannam's could not send me the items he required in a timely manner.