Freelander 2

steve_b_wales

Not sure what build date your Freelander is , but you might want to check on these Recalls too :

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/search.asp?whichpage=1&pagesize=10&resultString=(LAND%20ROVER%20FREELANDER)%20%20for%20the%20date%20range%2001/Jan/1992%20to%2001/Jan/2016&tx=

# Launch Date Recalls Number Make Model(s) Concern VIN Start VIN End Build Start Build End 10 07/04/2008 R/2008/024 LAND ROVER Freelander 2 sunroof may detach SALFA27BX7H000201 SALFA24A48H087347 01/11/2006 12/01/2008
logo.png
14 Search Results - Page 2 of 2 Criteria : (LAND ROVER FREELANDER) for the date range 01/Jan/1992 to 01/Jan/2016
Information : Click on the recalls number to expand the detail and hover over the concern for a quick insight into the defect
Please note that certain recalls have the same reference number, but relate to different models/variants of the same manufacturer/vehicle. # Launch Date Recalls Number Make Model(s) Concern VIN Start VIN End Build Start Build End 11 02/10/2008 R/2008/125 LAND ROVER FREELANDER 2 DIESEL booster heater -possibility that vehicle may catch fire SALFA27B47H000100 SALFA24C48H111695 01/02/2007 23/05/2008 12 23/12/2008 R/2008/187 LAND ROVER Freelander 2 diesel fitted with PTC heater fire may occur SALFA27B47H000100 SALFA24C48H111695 01/02/2007 23/05/2008 13 27/08/2013 R/2013/091 LAND ROVER Freelander 2 (2.2L diesel), Range Rover Evoque (2.2L diesel) fire may occur SALFA2BB1CH284660 SALFA2CC2DH374909 01/01/2012 30/09/2013 14 07/10/2015 R/2015/186 LAND ROVER Freelander 2 Diesel fire may occur SALFA24CX8H111698 SALFA28B58H113411 19/05/2008 02/06/2008

I've booked my Freelander in for the repair with Stratstones. A bit expensive though at £130+VAT for a part that costs £36.00. But, if I don't take it there, then I am liable for the diagnostic charge which is £85+VAT, then I would have to purchase the part and get it fitted elsewhere.

Perhaps you should pay an extra fiver and ask them to use the best quality lube.

Wife's car did exactly the same, wouldn't open and blown fuse due to the filler cap. Think it cost me about £65 for the filler assembly and boot lid switch and took about an hour to change both of them.

Really easy fix if your that way inclined and all the parts were landrover no aftermarket ones!

Wife's car did exactly the same, wouldn't open and blown fuse due to the filler cap. Think it cost me about £65 for the filler assembly and boot lid switch and took about an hour to change both of them.

Really easy fix if your that way inclined and all the parts were landrover no aftermarket ones!

The switch costs £30 + VAT, but if I purchased it myself, I would be charged the £85+VAT for the diagnostic check they did, and which I should have been charged for before leaving the dealership. It's down to trust, so I will go along and have them repair it.

I'm impressed they give you the £85+vat back if they do the work, my local stratstone don't and I was having the rear diff rebuilt which is another common problem at over £500 to fix. I did manage to claim 50% of the cost back through landrover as the car only had 56k on it when the diff nose bearing went, that was January and still waiting for the money!

I'm impressed they give you the £85+vat back if they do the work, my local stratstone don't and I was having the rear diff rebuilt which is another common problem at over £500 to fix. I did manage to claim 50% of the cost back through landrover as the car only had 56k on it when the diff nose bearing went, that was January and still waiting for the money!

Work now done, and I paid £144 inc VAT. According to Stratstone, I paid £120+VAT for the replacement part and labour. When they phoned me to say that it was ready, they said that one of the bulbs had blown on the number plate, and also the one in the High Vis' brake light. It would only cost me £32.90+VAT to replace them. I declined their offer.

I've just found out that after locking the vehicle, I can still open the doors, which sets off the alarm. I've got to contact Stratstone to see what they can do.

Just took vehicle to Stratstone. It turns out that the driver side door catch is seized. Price to renew - £98.00 + VAT + £100 + VAT labour.

They denied that it was anything to do with the work they carried out, and I didn't check the door when leaving them, as the tailgate/fuel flap worked fine. The door catch could have been stuck when I drove away, and, as the vehicle 'seemed' to be locking (everything but the drivers door) I took it as being okay.

I've just found out that after locking the vehicle, I can still open the doors, which sets off the alarm. I've got to contact Stratstone to see what they can do.

Just took vehicle to Stratstone. It turns out that the driver side door catch is seized. Price to renew - £98.00 + VAT + £100 + VAT labour.

They denied that it was anything to do with the work they carried out, and I didn't check the door when leaving them, as the tailgate/fuel flap worked fine. The door catch could have been stuck when I drove away, and, as the vehicle 'seemed' to be locking (everything but the drivers door) I took it as being okay.

hi this fault could have been on for a while how many owners go round the vehicle and check there doors after central locking I know I don,t, if the door catch is seized would that not show as a fault when central locking and sound the horn

hi this fault could have been on for a while how many owners go round the vehicle and check there doors after central locking I know I don,t, if the door catch is seized would that not show as a fault when central locking and sound the horn

I asked them about this, and they said that it wouldn't always show up. When I lock my vehicle now, the horn doesn't sound, even though the door is 'open'.

I only wish I had tried all the door when they handed the keys over to me after they repaired the fuel flap.