SGC to SGC and FAC

My SGC is up for renewal in 4 months but I'm tempted by a 22rf for target shooting but I'll have to become a member of a club.

I've been going to Boar in Glossop to use my shotguns and air rifles on the ranges which is where I would want to use the 22rf.

There are quite a few clubs about but I've read you have to have been a member of a club for 6 months before you can apply.

I have a separate ammo safe and a gun safe that I could probably squeeze a rifle in so all that is taken care of.

I'm stalled at how to proceed because 6 months will take me past my SGC renewal date.

Anyone clarify things?

I don't know if this still applies, but when I wanted to get my FAC, I took a "Direct Access" course with the NRA at Bisley.This consisted of 4 hours one morning being instructed on the firearms I wanted to acquire, followed by a couple of hours shooting the rifles I wanted to get on my ticket.I think the cost was about £90.Within a couple of weeks of taking the vourse, I had my Co-terminous certificates.And as I had authority for the 5 rifles I wanted, I got a substantial discount on the rifles for buying 5 at once.Since then, I've added another 3 rifles and a section one shotgun.

Whichever way you want to look at it a coterminous runs from your FAC date.

You adjust as required your SGC to fit with FAC, you don't adjust your FAC to run with your SGC!

This often means scrapping a period of your SGC and starting it again to run with your FAC!

I don't know if this still applies, but when I wanted to get my FAC, I took a "Direct Access" course with the NRA at Bisley.This consisted of 4 hours one morning being instructed on the firearms I wanted to acquire, followed by a couple of hours shooting the rifles I wanted to get on my ticket.I think the cost was about £90.Within a couple of weeks of taking the vourse, I had my Co-terminous certificates.And as I had authority for the 5 rifles I wanted, I got a substantial discount on the rifles for buying 5 at once.Since then, I've added another 3 rifles and a section one shotgun.

Yardman, I've searched the NRA websit ebut can't find any reference to a direct access course...Are you able to share a link?