filling in forms

mossy835

mossy835 - I accept that GMP seem to be in a minority.

I will admit to being rather surprised that some people would just bin the form, as it is not one of the statutory ones, rather than just assist the Police.

Many complain about delays, but seem reluctant to lift a finger to help resolve the problem.

i done everything the firearms dept asked

i done everything the firearms dept asked

I will admit to being rather surprised that some people would just bin the form, as it is not one of the statutory ones, rather than just assist the Police.

And if your Firearms Dept comes up with a 'policy' that all FAC/SGC applications will need to be accompanied by a medical, paid for by yourself, will you be bending over for them for that too ? Because at the rate of it, you'll be supplying the grease for them as well.

And if your Firearms Dept comes up with a 'policy' that all FAC/SGC applications will need to be accompanied by a medical, paid for by yourself, will you be bending over for them for that too ? Because at the rate of it, you'll be supplying the grease for them as well.

i think you need to read what i have said previously

robbiep - you have shown that you are a bit limited, but now you can add "coarse" to your CV. GMP have come up with a simple form for referees - no cost involved - but some idiot manages to extrapolate this to include medicals - which have to be paid for. Pathetic.

Edited by Gordon R

robbiep - you have shown that you are a bit limited, but now you can add "coarse" to your CV. GMP have come up with a simple form for referees - no cost involved - but some idiot manages to extrapolate this to include medicals - which have to be paid for. Pathetic.

Robbiep is simply stating that you only have to complete the statutory forms which is correct agreeing to complete non standard forms is not required. Surely it is not down to individual forces to introduce their own requirements. Looking at the GMP form unless I am missing something what value does it add?

robbiep didn't simply state what you cite. Firstly he said I was wrong - even though he didn't appreciate or bother to check what I said. Then he gets a bit coarse. All just a bit pathetic.

The GMP form saves them having to contact the referee. It saves them time - as they state. If posters don't want to help them save time and speed up process - so be it, but don't complain about waiting times. It doesn't show the shooting community in a very good light.

Gordon, do you recall a couple of years ago, when Durham were talking about introducing medicals for all applicants / renewals, and trying to force applicants to jump through additional hoops ?

There was a hell of a lot on it on here.

My argument is purely that the only forms that you MUST fill in are the statutory ones. No matter where you live.

If your police force tell you they want a load of additional forms, then that is up to them - and up to you if you want to fill them in. But GMPs (as an example) is getting ridiculous.

If I lived in GMP area, and got done all the forms they'd 'like' me to do, there would be :

Form 201.

The 'authority to shoot over land' form

The 'occupants list' form, detailing all other people who live in the house

There would also be :

Referee certification form (times 2) -to be filled in and sent back by the referees.

Details on the referee forms would ALSO be on the 201 application form. But if using the Referee certification, then it would rely on the referee sending in the form promptly, and the form not having any mistakes or errors on it. Otherwise, I imagine they'd send it back for correction ... leading to delays !

Whereas here, in NWP, I send in :

201 form

Letter from local farmer confirming permission to carry out pest control.

That's it. Nice and simple.

By 'helping out' GMP, you are making a rod for your own back. Sooner or later, they'll probably try pushing and MAKING you do all these extra things. Much like Durham did. And all you are doing is helping them, and they can say "Well, x percent of people fill in the extra forms, so why not all of them ?"

robbiep didn't simply state what you cite. Firstly he said I was wrong - even though he didn't appreciate or bother to check what I said. Then he gets a bit coarse. All just a bit pathetic.The GMP form saves them having to contact the referee. It saves them time - as they state. If posters don't want to help them save time and speed up process - so be it, but don't complain about waiting times. It doesn't show the shooting community in a very good light.

How does the form save them having to contact the referee? I would say this is going to add on time rather than save time? Like I say i may be missing something, if so I apologise.

In respect of not showing the shooting community in a good light find a strange comment, surely the police are there to ensure the law is abided to not make it.

How does the form save them having to contact the referee? I would say this is going to add on time rather than save time? Like I say i may be missing something, if so I apologise.

In respect of not showing the shooting community in a good light find a strange comment, surely the police are there to ensure the law is abided to not make it.

This will be my last post on the subject as it is getting a bit silly. Some will feel the urge to post something which they wrongly assume will show that they were right. It won't make them right, merely massaging their excessive ego.

If the referee sends in the required information, it will save GMP having to contact them. I fail to see how this will add on time. My view is supported by GMP who actually introduced the form for that purpose. Perhaps GMP and myself are wrong - although we are not.

GMP have a backlog - caused, I understand, by not having thorough enough checks in the past, before granting certificates. They are ploughing through reviews of current certs, whilst dealing with a backlog of applications. Shooters who gleefully point out that GMPs efforts to speed things are outside of the law, make us all look just a bit silly. It is a minor thing they are asking, but some insist on this being the thin end of the wedge - why, only they know.

For the record - I may be in a minority, but pray I am not - I trust them not to be silly and abuse that help. I have always found them sensible, reasonable, flexible and I am happy to help GMP with their backlog.

This is what I do not understand surely they would still have to contact the referee to check the validity, by not contacting a referee should something happen and it turns out that the supplementary form was relied without checking the validity this would be seen as a failing on their part. It feels like a back covering exercise.

This will be my last post on the subject as it is getting a bit silly. Some will feel the urge to post something which they wrongly assume will show that they were right. It won't make them right, merely massaging their excessive ego.

If the referee sends in the required information, it will save GMP having to contact them. I fail to see how this will add on time. My view is supported by GMP who actually introduced the form for that purpose. Perhaps GMP and myself are wrong - although we are not.

GMP have a backlog - caused, I understand, by not having thorough enough checks in the past, before granting certificates. They are ploughing through reviews of current certs, whilst dealing with a backlog of applications. Shooters who gleefully point out that GMPs efforts to speed things are outside of the law, make us all look just a bit silly. It is a minor thing they are asking, but some insist on this being the thin end of the wedge - why, only they know.

For the record - I may be in a minority, but pray I am not - I trust them not to be silly and abuse that help. I have always found them sensible, reasonable, flexible and I am happy to help GMP with their backlog.

my referees were not contacted!

I have just renewed my coterminous certificates.There are NO forms for referees to fill in.The referees details are part of the 11 page form.You simply put their names, addresses and contact details on the form and the FEO will do the rest.The new forms, 201 are all integrated.The old referee form (form 125) is now obsolete in all forces.