A quick shout to the lads that have been using this stuff last year where have you settled reloading wise only have a KG so don't want to be sending half of it down to the pattern plate was thinking along the lines of a 42 gram load as the stiff is so costly :whistling: buffer or no buffer ??

any pointers would be grand :good:

I was mostly using a buffered 46gm load in the 12. Occasionally I used 2 oz loads in the 10.

I didn't pattern them, but through the Xtrema and XF Briley, they killed high pinks. I won't post on here how high some of them may have been.

Load which i used last couple of years withHW13 2 when i could get A steel easy was a 1 3>8 oz load its buffered and patterned superb out of A magnum B80 using a Hastings choke tube.

Gordon system case ...Black 76MM

CX2000 primer

A steel lot 12. 3# Grain

Galandi M42 wad with 1 8th fiber 20ga in bottom of cup 2 3mm cork spacers 1 20ga top card . then add shot.

HW13 #2 610 grain tap in 13 grain of buffer i use winchester. from striped turkey loads.

compres to 80lbs.

I use an 8 star crimp but 6 will be ok.

10670PSI Giving 1527fps @9ft.

If your loading ten i used Vitavouri 3N38 in that last year, mostly duplexed with BBB steel and TSS #4s But i did some lightweight HW shot loads with it too, if your intrested in them i can explain what i did if it will help.

I am more to TSS this season its more money than HW13 etc but its interesting to use.

Ahh..... So my recipe in the end then fenboy!? 😆

It works very well Nick.....

Took plenty of geese with that load it works for me and is a 'lighter' loading compared to most heavy data.

In 10 ga I used 2-1/8oz CSBO load which stopped geese with authority through a terror 😈💥

Cgr 300 wad 👍

Unbuffered

Ahh..... So my recipe in the end then fenboy!?

It works very well Nick.....

Took plenty of geese with that load it works for me and is a 'lighter' loading compared to most heavy data.

In 10 ga I used 2-1/8oz CSBO load which stopped geese with authority through a terror

Cgr 300 wad

Unbuffered

Yes I settled on it as the results with buffered loads were very marginally better at best and I could not be ***** to mess about with it . :)

A quick shout to the lads that have been using this stuff last year where have you settled reloading wise only have a KG so don't want to be sending half of it down to the pattern plate was thinking along the lines of a 42 gram load as the stiff is so costly :whistling: buffer or no buffer ??

any pointers would be grand :good:

I used 42grm of shot B&P 35 wad with 2 20ga cork in the Bottom 33grains of alliant steel powder 12gr of buffer 8 star crimp. Somewhere on this site i put a picture up of a pattern shot at a measured 60yrd. Certainly does pattern well and hits hard. In my gun choke combination. Some time back i saw a very good 12ga pattern you posted of PWS i would be very tempted to use that data

Load which i used last couple of years withHW13 2 when i could get A steel easy was a 1 3>8 oz load its buffered and patterned superb out of A magnum B80 using a Hastings choke tube.

Gordon system case ...Black 76MM

CX2000 primer

A steel lot 12. 3# Grain

Galandi M42 wad with 1 8th fiber 20ga in bottom of cup 2 3mm cork spacers 1 20ga top card . then add shot.

HW13 #2 610 grain tap in 13 grain of buffer i use winchester. from striped turkey loads.

compres to 80lbs.

I use an 8 star crimp but 6 will be ok.

10670PSI Giving 1527fps @9ft.

If your loading ten i used Vitavouri 3N38 in that last year, mostly duplexed with BBB steel and TSS #4s But i did some lightweight HW shot loads with it too, if your intrested in them i can explain what i did if it will help.

I am more to TSS this season its more money than HW13 etc but its interesting to use.

1527fps? Fast for HW.

Yes its fast but it patterns well and with an inner ten you could die for at 60 yards through the hastings.

Lower volume shot makes less pressure compared to higher volume shot types in the same loads, So why not take advantage of this and send it as fast as you can if you can make it pattern. That was my thinking with it and it works, but anything around 1250 1300 1350 is fast enough with this stuff, but if your going right down there at those speeds why not duplex take the room up with big steel or copper, after all getting rid of the space is the problem with all the HWs TSS is a nightmare in the TEN 3oz of 4s is rediculous in everyway.

Yes its fast but it patterns well and with an inner ten you could die for at 60 yards through the hastings.

Lower volume shot makes less pressure compared to higher volume shot types in the same loads, So why not take advantage of this and send it as fast as you can if you can make it pattern. That was my thinking with it and it works, but anything around 1250 1300 1350 is fast enough with this stuff, but if your going right down there at those speeds why not duplex take the room up with big steel or copper, after all getting rid of the space is the problem with all the HWs TSS is a nightmare in the TEN 3oz of 4s is rediculous in everyway.

Just my opinion , if a fast load works for you fair enough .

I would love to try some TSS loads but I start getting tears in my eyes when I see the price :lol:

Just my opinion , if a fast load works for you fair enough .

I would love to try some TSS loads but I start getting tears in my eyes when I see the price :lol:

Its very different to HW13, HW13 is now pretty decent though its 12.76 i think, so its better than it was say five years ago.

TSS Its running around 18.73 zone, its got everything going for it as a goose reacher shot type, only thing it lacks is a big hole, ;) HW13 is is a more practical volume and needs less packing, packing can spawn pressure problems if you approach it with the wrong type of wading.

TSS is just the same as any shot, just its got more energy so you stand a realistic chance of extending your range if you have the experience to put the pattern in the right place.

No matter what shot you are running you end up having to make a compromise some where, TSS is no different, its just all happening further away thats all.

You can not underestimate the vallue of big wounds, remember big holes let lots of cold air in, this is a key factor in why superlight steel can punch way above its weight. And why i amongst others see copper as not such an old maid its physical mass sujests. . ;)

Got to ask .......... What is HW 13#2 and TSS ?........

HW stands for heavy weight, it is a toungsten based non toxic shot type produced in several counbtries most common is china and marketed by various firms accross the world.

Its a heavi shot type of shot And the numbers indicate its Spacific gravity, Some of these types of shot are given a title, Powershot over here is i am told like HW13, there are other Lettered discriptions amongst these TSS its 18SG and is sold by an avid Turkey hunter Hal who goes on many forums in the states, but he has fans on various forums pushing TSS and as it rightly should be its heralded as the best out there, and often its accompanied by balistics comparisons taken from KPY ballistics programe where it is pited ussualy against poor old steel for maximun impact and marketing effect.

As ever the Americans can get this type of shot from anywhere, but us here its claygame for power shot if they stil sell it, or USA supliers who will ship it here, there are a few who will ship it to the uk, the most notable of these USA supliers is KIP of BUCKS RUN who does sell this type of shot to the uk.

Edited by TONY R

i`d love to send some t18 through a pressue rig. any day of the week !

It is hard at around 120DPH vickers but its SG and thus its low volume keep presures relatively low, if you pay attention to how you wad up HW18 TSS you can keep presures down. With detailing you can harnes this presure and use it however you feel the need to. Heavier payloads or go for speed its what you decide you want from it that dictates how or even if you use this potential presure savings.

Edited by TONY R

I have a couple of kg of TSS 4mm to play with and it is very very heavy. I can't decide whether to load it in the 10 or the 12..... decisions decisions

!0s a pain too much room, unless you want a 3 oz load. :lol:

You can use a 3m m notro card in the botom of a TPS wad to clear the tapper, then a B and P 16 bore wad inside that helps lose space.

Or make your own version of hevi mettal ammo. I did this to the back end of last season i will do it again. :good:

If I go down the 10 route then I will use TUPRW103 which is probably the strongest 10g wad out there and also use a mylar wrap with 20g cork to pack up the space..

I will have a play this week to see how it measures up. Somewhat interesting is the fact that I could fit 64g in to a VP65 wad (12g 2 3/4" wad)

I have a couple of kg of TSS 4mm to play with and it is very very heavy. I can't decide whether to load it in the 10 or the 12..... decisions decisions

4mm TSS. That will have the energy to kill geese at ridiculous distances. I don't think I would use that big a shot size when it is that dense.

4mm TSS. That will have the energy to kill geese at ridiculous distances. I don't think I would use that big a shot size when it is that dense.

Yes that is the problem I have with it - very dense and not many pellets to the gram but I bought it at the right money.

If I was ordering it from China then I would go for 3mm

Yes that is the problem I have with it - very dense and not many pellets to the gram but I bought it at the right money.

If I was ordering it from China then I would go for 3mm

I have just ordered some Hw18 in size 7.5. Not exactly sure what it will equate to in mm - probably around 2.6. I think it will make a good size for geese. 3mm sounds ideal.

Guest cookoff013

I have just ordered some Hw18 in size 7.5. Not exactly sure what it will equate to in mm - probably around 2.6. I think it will make a good size for geese. 3mm sounds ideal.

+ 1

Push it 1400fps either. 1300-1200 good enuff