laid barley and a beretta 692 X trap hi-rib 1/7/2016

Guest stevo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevo

That was great to watch, you are an outstanding shot, thanks for sharing.

thank you the nice comment but stop it your make me blush :-)

love the gun has it had a 300 yet?

thank you , nope not yet had a 298 the other week

Guest stevo

priory tomorrow had bad 1st shoot at Nottingham but had good day at cambs came fourth on the sunday so was happy with that

well good luck for tomorrow and pass on my regards to aron and Nat , and let us know how you get on .

Guest stevo

Enjoyable watch as always Stevo, about time we saw some new crow shooting vids though, learned a lot from them. Great shooting as always 👍

Thank you Paul. I'm chuffed that you got something from the vids. I do feel there are better people to learn from haha but thank you.

I will be on the crows in the coming weeks and with luck get some videos sorted mate.

Thank you Paul. I'm chuffed that you got something from the vids. I do feel there are better people to learn from haha but thank you.

I will be on the crows in the coming weeks and with luck get some videos sorted mate.

I don't learn naff all from your videos , they just make me feel inadequate :lol:

Guest stevo

Nice shooting ,god knows how you shoot with that thing would mess me up big time .

its not everyone's cup of tea that's for sure jules , there's a knack to shooting with your " head up " but ......... if you can get into it your love it , its a very comfy way of shooting , and for fast trap disciplines its a proper tool for the job .

Guest stevo

Yeah, ugly looking beast. Not you, the gun.

how dare you talk about my princess like that haha , shes a bit like a fit ginger bird , you know its wrong , but theres just something about them ( sometimes :-)

To be fair, it doesn't look too bad.

here you go a couple of pics from my couple of hrs on thursday evening ,

how can you say she is ugly ......

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9t4drkrqiay3y1t/Photo%2001-07-2016%2C%2014%2056%2027.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fihu24lkhsvusvq/Photo%2001-07-2016%2C%2014%2055%2039.jpg?dl=0

Great vid Stevo, and some fantastic shooting mate. I am new to trap shooting and have just purchased a wee browning GTI 32 inch fixed chokes fully adjustable, I plan on taking it for a go on the crows after work this evening to see how i get on with it.

Guest stevo

Great vid Stevo, and some fantastic shooting mate. I am new to trap shooting and have just purchased a wee browning GTI 32 inch fixed chokes fully adjustable, I plan on taking it for a go on the crows after work this evening to see how i get on with it.

Thanks joe.

And yes mate give it a go. Crows LOVE a trap gun 👍

• 3 weeks later...

Very impressive shooting. I liked the fact that the movement at the muzzles was very economical, you do not appear rushed, you consistently get clean kills even at angle/ distance and your kill to cartridge appears to be excellent. This was a highly skilled performance that many of us aspire too. What I found particularly impressive that this was done with a high rib trap gun.

Guest stevo

Very impressive shooting. I liked the fact that the movement at the muzzles was very economical, you do not appear rushed, you consistently get clean kills even at angle/ distance and your kill to cartridge appears to be excellent. This was a highly skilled performance that many of us aspire too. What I found particularly impressive that this was done with a high rib trap gun.

thank you mate , its kind of you to say ,

I'm have some fresh barley stubble to shoot over tomorrow and as I enjoyed using the hi-rib last time I'm going to give it another try tomorrow , fingers and toes crossed for a good day .

Guest stevo

regarding the hi-rib ,

I'm a humble trap shooter ( ABT DTL and Universal trench ) the gun is 100% set up for that purpose , oh and pigeons of course . I don't tend to notice my point of aim . I know the gun fits me perfectly so in my mind I'm just shooting where I'm looking , I let my eyes point the gun and NEVER let them drop down to the barrels .

for what its worth I have my gun set up to shoot high , at 35 yrds my entire pattern will hover on top of my barrels as the disciplines I shoot are fast rising birds .

hope that makes some sense

I have a friend who shoots skeet with a 682E X trap gun choked half in both barrels. He is an outstanding shot and has represented his country at this discipline.

I have shot his high ribbed Beretta and was surprised that the point of impact did not appear any different to my Sporter with a conventional tapered rib. I liked shooting this gun enormously but have shied away from purchasing a high ribbed gun for sporting probably from a traditionalist point of view. I did however enjoy shooting with my head in a more upright position and it did not affect my scores in anyway.

I have just bought a DT11 Sporter and am now beginning to regret not going for the higher ribbed model.